luizasmith230
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone, im in year 12 studying a level maths and I'm wondering how is everyone organising their folder/s for maths. So far I've divided it by teacher and another section for homework and another for tests and another for revision. However my folder is filling up fast - so I was wondering if there's a better way to organise it. Especially as there's 3 sections - pure,stats and mechanics. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
nisaa_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hey,
i’m in y12 too and i’m doing ocr a level maths. i’ve organised my folder into 10 sections which i think would be more neater.

1. indices + surds, quadratic functions
2. polynomials, graphs, coordinate geometry
3 proof, binomial expansion, exponential + logs
4. trig, vectors
5. calculus
6. stats
7. mechanics
8. assessed work
9. homework
10. assessment points
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by luizasmith230)
Hi everyone, im in year 12 studying a level maths and I'm wondering how is everyone organising their folder/s for maths. So far I've divided it by teacher and another section for homework and another for tests and another for revision. However my folder is filling up fast - so I was wondering if there's a better way to organise it. Especially as there's 3 sections - pure,stats and mechanics. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Most of my students use a large folder left at home [in normal times] and then a folder with their current notes which they bring to school.

Otherwise look at the spec and maybe combine in those topic areas?
Blue.1212
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. This is a really late reply but this is how I organise my folders:

I have a smaller ringbinder folder for the work that I am currently doing in class which has all my subjects in it. I divide it by teacher and subject (so 1 for each teacher and since I have 2 teachers per subject I have 2 folder dividers for each subject. Then I have a bigger lever arch folder just for Maths. I organise it by each topic in the textbook. There are 14 chapters in my AS Pure textbook and 11 in the mechanics and stats one so I have 25 dividers in total for the content. I have labelled them with the title of the chapter the chapter number and for mechanics and stats I have put an M or an S so I know which section is which. (example: Data Collection S1).

Then I have another divider for tests, one for revision and one for homework with mixed topic questions.

Sorry this is so long. I hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.47%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.25%
No I am happy with my choice (115)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed