haniiiiiiiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I was recently looking thru my old primary school books and supplies and found the name of one of my favourite teachers . She was my year 3 teacher and was one of my earliest memories of a teacher praising me even tho i was practically mute back in the day. She really made a big impact on my life so naturally i searched up her name and found she teaches abroad i found her staff email but am wondering if it’s very odd for me to cold email her seeing as i was only 8 when she taught me back in 2012😞. Also ive never done such a thing before so please advise me on how to go about it without seeming creepy
Arden University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by haniiiiiiiii)
I was recently looking thru my old primary school books and supplies and found the name of one of my favourite teachers . She was my year 3 teacher and was one of my earliest memories of a teacher praising me even tho i was practically mute back in the day. She really made a big impact on my life so naturally i searched up her name and found she teaches abroad i found her staff email but am wondering if it’s very odd for me to cold email her seeing as i was only 8 when she taught me back in 2012😞. Also ive never done such a thing before so please advise me on how to go about it without seeming creepy
haniiiiiiiii
As a qualified teacher with 8 years experience I can tell you that it is reasonably common to get emails from old students (and that is not just for references - one even offered me a job!). As a teacher I get about 5 or 6 emails a year, largely from students who did my course and went on to complete their degree's. Teachers do have ALOT of students over the years so forgive her if she doesn't quite remember some of the finer details of your time there. If you get her a present don't spend too much - all presents over a certain value usually have to be declared to the Principal (and they won't like any unnecessary paperwork)

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (347)
31.52%
No (754)
68.48%

Watched Threads