ak00007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello guys, I did 1 set of mocks for the English language (paper 1) in December time. I got a really bad grade (4+) and I am certain that I can get a 7. how will they grade us this year can someone explain? also, we may do another mock (paper 2 English lang) and if I get a 7 let's just say. how will my teacher grade me?
aistudent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your teacher is going to grade you a lot harsher than they will in the real exams so there isn’t any need to worry
But, I do suggest do as many English papers as you can! It really helps, you can even get a 9 if you set your mind to it!
ak00007
Rep:
?
(Original post by aistudent)
Your teacher is going to grade you a lot harsher than they will in the real exams so there isn’t any need to worry
But, I do suggest do as many English papers as you can! It really helps, you can even get a 9 if you set your mind to it!
what do you mean by " a lot harsher" + thanks for the reply btw.
aistudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They will criticise your writing more.
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ak00007)
Hello guys, I did 1 set of mocks for the English language (paper 1) in December time. I got a really bad grade (4+) and I am certain that I can get a 7. how will they grade us this year can someone explain? also, we may do another mock (paper 2 English lang) and if I get a 7 let's just say. how will my teacher grade me?
Well it would be unfair if the teachers based the majority of your grade on that one mock. For instance, I got a level 4 (p1) and a 3 (p2) in english language in december, but in the exam I achieved a level 9 (p1) and level 8 (p2), so there is always time for improvement!!!

Has your teacher been setting you assignments, like practice papers and questions, because that should be accounted within your final grade. So your mock won't be all of your grade. There are other factors like participation, attendance, classwork...etc- that is what my sixth form said anyways, which can contribute to your final grade

But this could all change, if I was you, I would carry on working hard to make sure you can achieve that level 7! I think there is another announcement soon (22nd of feb maybe?) which might confirm how everything is going to be assessed. Hope this helps, and best of luck with english language.
ak00007
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
Well it would be unfair if the teachers based the majority of your grade on that one mock. For instance, I got a level 4 (p1) and a 3 (p2) in english language in december, but in the exam I achieved a level 9 (p1) and level 8 (p2), so there is always time for improvement!!!

Has your teacher been setting you assignments, like practice papers and questions, because that should be accounted within your final grade. So your mock won't be all of your grade. There are other factors like participation, attendance, classwork...etc- that is what my sixth form said anyways, which can contribute to your final grade

But this could all change, if I was you, I would carry on working hard to make sure you can achieve that level 7! I think there is another announcement soon (22nd of feb maybe?) which might confirm how everything is going to be assessed. Hope this helps, and best of luck with english language.
thanks!!
itsmeuno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ak00007)
Did you do English lit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise