username5459298
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When i'm older im thinking of becoming an educational psychologist but to do this I need to do a psychology degree, but a lot of people say its not a worth while degree in some cases. in my case of becoming and educational psychologist is it worth it or is there any different pathways i can take?
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

With any type of psychology career route, a degree in Psychology is necessary as you need to have Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC), which is generally achieved through an accredited Psychology degree through the British Psychological Society (BPS), for it to be possible for you to train and complete the appropriate doctorate to become an Educational Psychologist.
While many are going to have their opinions on certain subjects and whether it is worthwhile or not, it really is down to you and what you want to do and whether it is worth it to you. While you say you are wanting to become an educational psychologist, you need to really make sure that is the route for you, and not worry about what others may think as your happiness in your career is the most important!
The Association of Education Psychologists website may provide you with a little bit more information on the career you are looking to go down; may be worth doing a little research yourself on there! https://www.aep.org.uk/

Toni,
Student Ambassador
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iqraqamar32)
When i'm older im thinking of becoming an educational psychologist but to do this I need to do a psychology degree, but a lot of people say its not a worth while degree in some cases. in my case of becoming and educational psychologist is it worth it or is there any different pathways i can take?
The main reason people say a Psychology degree isn't worthwhile is because you don't just become a psychologist after completing an undergrad. All practitioner psychologist roles require a good amount of experience and doctoral level study before becoming qualified but a lot of people don't realise the amount of dedication that's needed to get there. If you're realistic about your goals and are knowledgeable about what you need to do to achieve them, you'll stand a much better chance from the start.

But to answer your question, you need either an accredited undergraduate degree or conversion course in Psychology to begin with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads