The Student Room Group

Language Analysis.

How can I write the answer of the question number 3 in English Language-B(section-A)?
Firstly, the question is only about a specific part of a source, so draw a box around it or something so you only choose quotations from that part.
Try to find quotations where you can say a lot about a little and where there are enough language techniques for you to analyse. In your analysis you should use specific terminology where possible (e.g. “noun” or “verb” instead of “word”) and always look back at the question to check you haven’t gone off topic. Also, mention the effect created on the reader as a result of the language use.
The question is worth 12 marks and I would spend about 10 minutes on it. If you’re using the PEAL structure then aim to complete about 3-4 paragraphs (That’s what I was told by my teacher, but sometimes I don’t manage more than 2-3 in a timed exam)
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Get a highlighter to highlight the texts. When doing so, analyze three main points under language and three main points under structure from the text. Then use PEEE point evidence explanation effect of readers, to write down the 6 total points in your answer. And you should spend 10 to 15 minutes on those questions. Hope i could help.
Sorry for the confusion but I have just realised you meant Edexcel (instead of AQA which is the one I use)
Please ignore my post above.

Quick Reply

Latest