The Student Room Group

Bristol or York for Chemistry?

I'm deciding between York and Bristol to study chemistry and I'm not really sure which one is best. I was originally set on York because I like the course a lot but I'm not sure about living in York and I never got to visit due to covid. I have been to Bristol before and I love it there, so I'm a bit torn. I'm also still waiting for an offer from St. Andrews but I'm not too keen about living so far away so right now it's between these two. Any advice from people that go to either and study chemistry would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I can’t comment on the course itself, but I think it’s worth considering which of the locations you prefer.

York is a campus university, based away from the city itself, with a slightly less wild nightlife. Bristol is based within the city, right amongst all the hustle and bustle.

Personally, I visited Bristol and didn’t like how busy it was, and ultimately attended York because I preferred the slightly more calm atmosphere. However it’s definitely a case of personal preference!

Have you considered your insurance choice? Could you put one as your firm and one as your insurance, or have you already planned your insurance?
Hi, I got into both york and Bristol for chemistry. Overall I decided to go to York because of the course content, quality of the teachings and due to the over extortionate prices of Bristol accommodation (also I’m not so much a fan of the busy city of Bristol)
Original post by Jessica03
Hi, I got into both york and Bristol for chemistry. Overall I decided to go to York because of the course content, quality of the teachings and due to the over extortionate prices of Bristol accommodation (also I’m not so much a fan of the busy city of Bristol)

But Ofc you could do one as an insurance and another as a form choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending