Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I take counselling provided by my college because I've been going through a lot of stuff recently but they only provide a certain amount of sessions which are to finish really soon. I can't pay for a therapist myself since im 17 and I dont have a job. Do the NHS provide therapy? How do I get into contact with them? Do I speak to my GP?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yh
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tinygirl96)
yh
do you know how I can reach out to my GP? I feel like they might be judgemental
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
email
Kelivesy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can speak to your GP and ask for a referral to CAMHS. This is NHS funded so you will get so many free counselling sessions but these are limited and there will be a waiting list, especially during Covid. If you are able to talk to your parents about your issues then maybe they can pay towards a private counsellor as these are much more accessible more quickly. They range from around £20-£40ish per hour but are worth it and you may not need too many so could budget accordingly. Maybe they have private health care that covers you for this? My advice would be to contact your GP ASAP and get the ball rolling.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In the interim, you can turn to Childline.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kelivesy)
You can speak to your GP and ask for a referral to CAMHS. This is NHS funded so you will get so many free counselling sessions but these are limited and there will be a waiting list, especially during Covid. If you are able to talk to your parents about your issues then maybe they can pay towards a private counsellor as these are much more accessible more quickly. They range from around £20-£40ish per hour but are worth it and you may not need too many so could budget accordingly. Maybe they have private health care that covers you for this? My advice would be to contact your GP ASAP and get the ball rolling.
okay tysm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads