Lianakay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi Im in year 12 was hoping to study economics at uni (Oxford, Durham or St. Andrews hopefully) I’m doing alevel maths, history and psychology. I wasn’t originally planning on taking maths but was forced to and ended up loving it. This has made me want to do an economics degree in attempt to mix maths with essay writing however I don’t have further maths so am not sure how likely I am to get on an economics course without it. I got straight 9s at gcse and am predicted A*A*A* at alevel (I’m also doing that oxnet course if that is helpful). Will I have any chance of getting in without FM or am I best changing to do economics with something eg PPE ?
dragonfruit1019
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lianakay)
Hi Im in year 12 was hoping to study economics at uni (Oxford, Durham or St. Andrews hopefully) I’m doing alevel maths, history and psychology. I wasn’t originally planning on taking maths but was forced to and ended up loving it. This has made me want to do an economics degree in attempt to mix maths with essay writing however I don’t have further maths so am not sure how likely I am to get on an economics course without it. I got straight 9s at gcse and am predicted A*A*A* at alevel (I’m also doing that oxnet course if that is helpful). Will I have any chance of getting in without FM or am I best changing to do economics with something eg PPE ?
Look mate, ur gcses are good enough for oxf which is rare. Apply e and m since not having f maths for that is calm, that course is not that mathematical compared to camb/lse. To prepare, make sure u get 3a* predictions, tsa prep and read as much econ as u can. That’s my opinion anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads