The Student Room Group

Language Paper 2 question 4.

Q4) Refer to Source A and Source B. Compare how both sources explore the highs and lows of nursing. In your answer, you should: compare their attitudes compare the methods they use to convey their attitudes support your ideas with quotations from both texts (16 Marks)Can someone please please please send some ideas and help with this . i’ve literally been stuck on this for days :frown:(((
Hey,
I am actually in year 11 and just did this kind of question a few days ago.
Firstly on a page write the main differences about the highs and lows of nursing from source A and B.
Then pick quotes that shows it. In the side try to put the language technique.
Afterwards, focus on one or two words from the quote and do some analysis.
Next, make sure u have mentioned the main difference and explained it as hard as you can.
For me, it helps to write the answer on a computer or laptop because i can see more closely what i wrote and what i can change to improve.
Try to do at least write about 2 differences.
I haven’t received any feedback yet but this helped me answer. Hopefully it helps you too.
🙃
Reply 2
Original post by Ramisa_k.10
Hey,
I am actually in year 11 and just did this kind of question a few days ago.
Firstly on a page write the main differences about the highs and lows of nursing from source A and B.
Then pick quotes that shows it. In the side try to put the language technique.
Afterwards, focus on one or two words from the quote and do some analysis.
Next, make sure u have mentioned the main difference and explained it as hard as you can.
For me, it helps to write the answer on a computer or laptop because i can see more closely what i wrote and what i can change to improve.
Try to do at least write about 2 differences.
I haven’t received any feedback yet but this helped me answer. Hopefully it helps you too.
🙃

oh wow thank you so much! i’m going to try today and also how many paragraphs would you suggests me do? probably 2 with a. conclusion ?
I think 2 paragraphs explaining the difference in each source, so like in the first paragraph writing about in source A the nurses had extreme highs due to seeing so many deaths each day, and quoting some facts or emotive language and explain how the emotional words emphasis the nurses highs and almost traumatic events.
In the second paragraph writing about how in source B the nurses had highs but less than source A as it was more suitable or appropriate to see what they saw because they only had to face people with some injuries, again with a quote dig deeper to ur point and emphasis ur point.
Then yeah a conclusion paragraph.

I would say to make at least 2 points about the differences and explain the points like i said just now above.
And btw my nurses sayings are all made up, I literally just made it up to explain my point. Please do ur own search about the differences and explain them properly. What i said is made up, do not use them.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending