Reporting qualifications after applying? US student, applied to UK schools.

Watch
avracl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,I am an international student from the US who has applied to schools in the UK. I have two questions:

1. I just received the results of an exam I took (the ACT) as a qualification. When I applied on UCAS I listed this as a pending score. Do I need to report that score? If so, would I send it to the universities directly through the exam center?
2. I did not apply with predicted scores as my referee said he was unable to provide them. I only listed the exam I had taken (which met the requirements) and the ones I plan to take. Will this affect me negatively? I have already received two offers. Should I report the new test score, which meets the requirements, to the universities which have not replied with an offer yet?

Thank you, help would be very much appreciated))
QG3.2.228
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by avracl)
Hello,I am an international student from the US who has applied to schools in the UK. I have two questions:

1. I just received the results of an exam I took (the ACT) as a qualification. When I applied on UCAS I listed this as a pending score. Do I need to report that score? If so, would I send it to the universities directly through the exam center?
2. I did not apply with predicted scores as my referee said he was unable to provide them. I only listed the exam I had taken (which met the requirements) and the ones I plan to take. Will this affect me negatively? I have already received two offers. Should I report the new test score, which meets the requirements, to the universities which have not replied with an offer yet?

Thank you, help would be very much appreciated))
Hi! I'm also an international applicant from the US applying to UK schools this year. I applied to Cambridge, Durham, and St. Andrews. Got rejected from Cambridge after interviews, but I have offers at Durham and St. Andrews. I send my scores directly to Cambridge and Durham, but self reported for St. Andrews. Most of the unis have webpages for international applicants that say what they want regarding scores. I would say in general, send them in officially if you can since it shows interest and then you cover all your bases. (I know it's expensive, so if that's a burden, check in with them first). I also emailed Durham admissions with a bunch of questions early on, and they were super helpful.

Another resource that was a life saver for me as an international student was Across the Pond. This is a nonprofit that gets payed by universities to help international applicants from the US, Latin America, and Norway (randomly). It's completely free and they are super helpful with questions like this. Check it out! They might be able to tell you more about predicted scores and such.

Let me know if you have more questions! Nice to meet someone else in the same boat
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Send your results directly to all your university choices.
avracl
Rep:
?
(Original post by QG3.2.228)
Hi! I'm also an international applicant from the US applying to UK schools this year. I applied to Cambridge, Durham, and St. Andrews. Got rejected from Cambridge after interviews, but I have offers at Durham and St. Andrews. I send my scores directly to Cambridge and Durham, but self reported for St. Andrews. Most of the unis have webpages for international applicants that say what they want regarding scores. I would say in general, send them in officially if you can since it shows interest and then you cover all your bases. (I know it's expensive, so if that's a burden, check in with them first). I also emailed Durham admissions with a bunch of questions early on, and they were super helpful.

Another resource that was a life saver for me as an international student was Across the Pond. This is a nonprofit that gets payed by universities to help international applicants from the US, Latin America, and Norway (randomly). It's completely free and they are super helpful with questions like this. Check it out! They might be able to tell you more about predicted scores and such.

Let me know if you have more questions! Nice to meet someone else in the same boat
Thank you so so much! This was extremely helpful! Wishing you the best!
avracl
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Send your results directly to all your university choices.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (48)
23.19%
Unhappy (56)
27.05%
Conflicted (103)
49.76%

Watched Threads