HolaWorld
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guys - being international student - is there a hope with ucat 2890?
myow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HolaWorld)
offers come down to the interview alone
HolaWorld
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by myow)
offers come down to the interview alone
I had my interview last month
silly mili
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi personally I'm a home-student but of course! That's an absolutely amazing ucat score and if you're asking if there's hope of getting an interview I think you're in a very comfortable place so long as you're happy with your gcses and in terms of offers your ucat score is gonna help you if they need to compare you to another person with the same interview score. My UCAT was 2790 so less than urs and I've got an offer so DONT LOSE HOPE YOU'VE GOT THIS!
HolaWorld
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by silly mili)
Hi personally I'm a home-student but of course! That's an absolutely amazing ucat score and if you're asking if there's hope of getting an interview I think you're in a very comfortable place so long as you're happy with your gcses and in terms of offers your ucat score is gonna help you if they need to compare you to another person with the same interview score. My UCAT was 2790 so less than urs and I've got an offer so DONT LOSE HOPE YOU'VE GOT THIS!
Thanks but feeling Low as my interview was also good but not yet received any offer
myow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks but feeling Low as my interview was also good but not yet received any offer
don't give up now, there's still time !!
egraceb16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GoldenPheniox16)
That’s great thank you
No problem
HolaWorld
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by myow)
don't give up now, there's still time !!
Thanks 👍
DR2002
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by silly mili)
@DR2002 Hiya! I was wondering what are your favourite parts of the Nottingham medical course, Uni and city are now and also what are some things you wish you had known about these before firming Notts (e.g. something that may sway our decision to firm) Just so we can get a better understanding of whether we want to choose Notts as our 1st choice. Thank you so much!!
Hi thanks for the questions. Fundamentally the decision to firm Notts should be your own and not based on someone's else's experience or opinion as everyone has different expectations and needs from University. However, my experience so far has been extremely positive. In terms of the course I've really enjoyed the dissection that we have started this term - it's a much better way of getting to grips with all the anatomy you need to learn. Despite the fact that lectures have been on Teams (hopefully not for next year), they've been interactive and really interesting, especially the pharmacology. The MedSoc have been active and have put on virtual events to get to know other freshers (and your 2nd year medic parent), again hopefully from September this will all be in person. Nottingham is quite a compact city but there is plenty to do and the university is only 15 mins away from the centre (on the tram). Being slightly further out from the city means that the campus is very green and open, its quite picturesque with lots of walks around (including the nearby Wollaton Park). Hoped this has helped you with your decision, if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Spoiler:
Show

silly mili
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DR2002)
Hi thanks for the questions. Fundamentally the decision to firm Notts should be your own and not based on someone's else's experience or opinion as everyone has different expectations and needs from University. However, my experience so far has been extremely positive. In terms of the course I've really enjoyed the dissection that we have started this term - it's a much better way of getting to grips with all the anatomy you need to learn. Despite the fact that lectures have been on Teams (hopefully not for next year), they've been interactive and really interesting, especially the pharmacology. The MedSoc have been active and have put on virtual events to get to know other freshers (and your 2nd year medic parent), again hopefully from September this will all be in person. Nottingham is quite a compact city but there is plenty to do and the university is only 15 mins away from the centre (on the tram). Being slightly further out from the city means that the campus is very green and open, its quite picturesque with lots of walks around (including the nearby Wollaton Park). Hoped this has helped you with your decision, if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Spoiler:
Show

Thank you so much for answering!
abc dribble
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're international. Internationals tend to get offers later than home students because home is prioritised.
vanyakalyan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I just joined the thread, international student. Just wanted to ask when can we start applying for accommodation ?
Kate234577
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vanyakalyan)
Hi! I just joined the thread, international student. Just wanted to ask when can we start applying for accommodation ?
hey, you can only apply for accommodation if you’ve firmed Notts I believe
Kate234577
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Going to Notts has been my dream 🤩 I’m so happy hahah
vanyakalyan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kate234577)
hey, you can only apply for accommodation if you’ve firmed Notts I believe
Oh okay, thank you!
dwiti.ponda
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
heyy!! got an offer today, i m sooo glad! its my top choice
i am an international student (indian)
feel free to personal message..!
Last edited by dwiti.ponda; 1 month ago
user3005
Report 1 month ago
hi got an offer today! looking to make notts my insurance still waiting on one uni
L.Green
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi i was wondering if anyone got an invite for the offer holder day yet or do you sign up somewhere?
Kate234577
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L.Green)
Hi i was wondering if anyone got an invite for the offer holder day yet or do you sign up somewhere?
I think you get an invite a few days after you receive your offer
jamalam
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vanyakalyan)
Also it opens 1st March - so once you've firmed it and from Monday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (198)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (568)
14.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (441)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (540)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (194)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (236)
6.02%
Loneliness (330)
8.42%
Financial worries (145)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (153)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (176)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (219)
5.59%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (351)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (369)
9.41%

Watched Threads