straw_b3rry11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Have any international students gotten admitted to any unis yet?
QG3.2.228
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by straw_b3rry11)
Yes! I'm applying from the US, and I've been admitted to two (one conditional offer though). I only applied to three and have heard back from all three.
Last edited by QG3.2.228; 1 week ago
echowado
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have one conditional offer now, will have interview for 2 unis in the next couple of weeks, and still waiting for invitation to interview from the other 2 unis.
straw_b3rry11
Rep:
?
(Original post by QG3.2.228)
Yes! I'm applying from the US, and I've been admitted to two (one conditional offer though). I only applied to three and have heard back from all three.
congrats! when did you submit your application and are you undergrad or post?
straw_b3rry11
Rep:
?
(Original post by echowado)
I have one conditional offer now, will have interview for 2 unis in the next couple of weeks, and still waiting for invitation to interview from the other 2 unis.
congrats and good luck in your interview! when did you submit your application and are you undergrad or postgrad?
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
congrats! when did you submit your application and are you undergrad or post?
Thanks! I submitted in early October, and I’m undergrad for English Lit. You?
echowado
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
congrats and good luck in your interview! when did you submit your application and are you undergrad or postgrad?
Thanks! I submitted it on 16/1 and I’m doing undergrad.
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks! I submitted it on 16/1 and I’m doing undergrad.
What university/course did you apply to?
straw_b3rry11
Rep:
?
Thanks! I submitted in early October, and I’m undergrad for English Lit. You?
I submitted in January so I guess that’s why mine is taking a little longer, I’m doing primary education!!
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I submitted in January so I guess that’s why mine is taking a little longer, I’m doing primary education!!
Nice! That sounds fun
TB1970
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied in mid October and I have heard from 4 out of 5. My first 2 offers came in October itself and the other two came in last week. Yet to hear from LSE.
Law Undergrad.
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TB1970)
I applied in mid October and I have heard from 4 out of 5. My first 2 offers came in October itself and the other two came in last week. Yet to hear from LSE.
Law Undergrad.
Congrats! That’s very impressive.
TB1970
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congrats! That’s very impressive.
Thanks 😊
echowado
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What university/course did you apply to?
I applied to university of southampton, liverpool, essex, brunel and east anglia for occupational therapy. You?
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied to university of southampton, liverpool, essex, brunel and east anglia for occupational therapy. You?
Cambridge, Durham, and St Andrew’s for English Lit. Rejected from Cambridge, but wasn’t really expecting to get it. I also applied to a lot of US schools, and one in Canada, for 11 total. It was exhausting and I’m so glad the application window is over. What made you want to study in the UK?
straw_b3rry11
Rep:
?
(Original post by TB1970)
Law Undergrad.
hope you get in where you want!!
echowado
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cambridge, Durham, and St Andrew’s for English Lit. Rejected from Cambridge, but wasn’t really expecting to get it. I also applied to a lot of US schools, and one in Canada, for 11 total. It was exhausting and I’m so glad the application window is over. What made you want to study in the UK?
Wow you applied to many schools! My whole family is planning to go to the UK, so I’m also applying for schools here. Why don’t you stay in your home country?
QG3.2.228
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow you applied to many schools! My whole family is planning to go to the UK, so I’m also applying for schools here. Why don’t you stay in your home country?
A few reasons! It’s WAYYY cheaper to go to school in the UK compared to here in the US (I’m from the US). It would be less of a burden for my parents and the money I save could go towards a graduate degree someday, which is my dream. I also know what I want to study, so three years of focus on that is an advantage. Also it’s just cool to have a different cultural experience, I love traveling in Europe, etc etc. Where are you from originally?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
13.05%
Virtual campus tours/open days (110)
23.16%
Live streaming events (44)
9.26%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.68%
A uni comparison tool (108)
22.74%
An in-person event when available (105)
22.11%