Book recommendations?

Watch this thread
getlostloser
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm running out of options lol
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by getlostloser)
What are you generally into, and what sort of genre do you like reading?
username5189460
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You should check out wattpad
thara987
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
do you like non-fiction? YA? sci-fi?
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by MindMax2000)
What are you generally into, and what sort of genre do you like reading?
Fiction, and those self help books. But I recently read the alchemist and I found that to be really good.
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by kittyfifi123456)
You should check out wattpad
HAHHA LMAO I have!! It's weird and I don't know what exactly to read! What are your recommendations?
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by thara987)
do you like non-fiction? YA? sci-fi?
Yes to non-fiction but not really sci-fi. Maybe it's because I haven't found a good book in the genre yet but I am open to suggestions!
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Fiction, and those self help books. But I recently read the alchemist and I found that to be really good.
I kind of have a narrow range of taste for fiction books. They're most on Victorian era and the occasional spy thriller.

In terms of self help, it would be probably best to look at what you need the most. I find The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz and Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers being key for me. Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins is a good one for me.

There are plenty of books on business related skills that I would recommend, but it might not be considered mainstream self help.
AA..
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you like crime books? If so, I'd suggest "A good Girl's Guide to Murder." It's a series: the second one is "Good Girl, Bad Blood." I've only read the first one, and I loved it. I'm about to read the second one today. Only just ordered it.
If you like dystopia, one of my favourites are "Flawed." Again this is a series: the second one is "Perfect." I've read both, and they were both good. Personally, I preferred the first one.
I'd also recommend "Journey to the River Sea." It's kind of olden-dayish, but it's an adventure novel. I quite like it.
I hope this has been useful.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
try amazon
natashaxoxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently reading The Chain by Adrian McKinty! It's where a girl (Kylie) gets kidnapped and the only way the mother (Rachel) can get her kid back is by kidnapping someone else's child. If Rachel doesn't do this successfully, Kylie will be killed. As the name suggests, it's pretty much a chain of kidnapping. Only half way through but I recommend it!
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by AA..)
Do you like crime books? If so, I'd suggest "A good Girl's Guide to Murder." It's a series: the second one is "Good Girl, Bad Blood." I've only read the first one, and I loved it. I'm about to read the second one today. Only just ordered it.
If you like dystopia, one of my favourites are "Flawed." Again this is a series: the second one is "Perfect." I've read both, and they were both good. Personally, I preferred the first one.
I'd also recommend "Journey to the River Sea." It's kind of olden-dayish, but it's an adventure novel. I quite like it.
I hope this has been useful.
Oh my gosh yes I love crime. I'll try reading all! Thanks !
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by MindMax2000)
I kind of have a narrow range of taste for fiction books. They're most on Victorian era and the occasional spy thriller.

In terms of self help, it would be probably best to look at what you need the most. I find The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz and Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers being key for me. Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins is a good one for me.

There are plenty of books on business related skills that I would recommend, but it might not be considered mainstream self help.
Ohhh okay. I'll check those out. What fiction books do you recommend?
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by natashaxoxo)
I'm currently reading The Chain by Adrian McKinty! It's where a girl (Kylie) gets kidnapped and the only way the mother (Rachel) can get her kid back is by kidnapping someone else's child. If Rachel doesn't do this successfully, Kylie will be killed. As the name suggests, it's pretty much a chain of kidnapping. Only half way through but I recommend it!
That sounds really interesting! I'll have to get it. Do you have any other recommendations? I'm actually not located in UK and I'm stuck in winter storm uri so I've been indoors for a while and bored lol.
getlostloser
Rep:
(Original post by tinygirl96)
try amazon
The book amazon or website?
tinygirl96
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
website
tinygirl96
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
website amazon
getlostloser
Rep:
website
But what books? I've been looking through amazon btw
tinygirl96
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
any really
getlostloser
Rep:
any really
yeah but I have specific taste in books I'm not going to read just anything that'll just bore me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (23)
38.33%
The paper was reasonable (21)
35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (11)
18.33%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
8.33%

Watched Threads