Gcse/igcse physics

Watch
Bobblybubbly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hiii,I’d like to know if anyone has suggestions for studying gcse/igcse physics. As in, do you think it’s more useful to finish revising/ memorizing all the content first for all topics, then do past papers, or do topic past paper questions as you go along revising each topic then do past papers after going through all topics

MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I would switch between the 2 often e.g. revise first, then practice, review where you went wrong and do further revision in your weaker areas, then go and do more practice papers.

In the exam, I would imagine exam technique would be more important than being able to regurgitate all material perfectly. However, to score the higher marks, you would need to know the material well.
The other thing I would recommend looking into is understanding what the examiner is looking for in your answer (look through mark schemes, and ask your teacher to help you where you don't quite understand what it is exactly the examiner is looking for). You might have been able to recite all works of Shakespeare to the T, but if it doesn't answer the question the way the examiner wants it, you might be unnecessarily losing out on marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (300)
31.88%
No (641)
68.12%

Watched Threads