Does Henna have an effect on black hair

Watch
Cookiebean34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi I want to colour my hair with golden brown henna I just wanted to know if it will show up and how many times would I have to apply it for you to see it a lot.
lollipoplady101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
LMAO i was in the same position as u a few years ago, sorry to break it to ya but henna wont do anything to black hair esp if ur using a brown henna. i used a vatika red henna hoping for it to somewhat show up and people only noticed it in the sunlight it would look red but that's about it :/
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi I would not recommend as it turns the hair ginger and looks horrible on Asians with black hair. Being an Asian ginger is a very strange look!
Katya_93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Nope, it'll only show up on white hair or lighter colours.
It'll just bleed out everywhere every time you have a shower and dirty your towels.
If you want dye your hair generally, you'd have to bleach it (not household bleach, just FYI) and then dye it.
And as someone else said, it comes out orange.
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi! Where I’m from we use henna and to get rideof the bright orange ginger colour we use Wusme. Now I have no way to translate it for you, but when you use henna you should have another product to darken the orange colour and make it look pretty. That’s why henna shouldn’t be used on its own.
Cookiebean34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by lollipoplady101)
LMAO i was in the same position as u a few years ago, sorry to break it to ya but henna wont do anything to black hair esp if ur using a brown henna. i used a vatika red henna hoping for it to somewhat show up and people only noticed it in the sunlight it would look red but that's about it :/
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Hi I would not recommend as it turns the hair ginger and looks horrible on Asians with black hair. Being an Asian ginger is a very strange look!
(Original post by Katya_93)
Nope, it'll only show up on white hair or lighter colours.
It'll just bleed out everywhere every time you have a shower and dirty your towels.
If you want dye your hair generally, you'd have to bleach it (not household bleach, just FYI) and then dye it.
And as someone else said, it comes out orange.
(Original post by SparkleFace)
Hi! Where I’m from we use henna and to get rideof the bright orange ginger colour we use Wusme. Now I have no way to translate it for you, but when you use henna you should have another product to darken the orange colour and make it look pretty. That’s why henna shouldn’t be used on its own.
Thank you 💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.23%
No (364)
47.77%

Watched Threads