AJ1515
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!
Can I please ask if I take a gap year and during that gap year I go to Russia from March-August of the gap year will I still be eligible for a UK student loan? I have a British citizenship and have been living in the UK since 2006.
I have a Russian citizenship so I won’t have a visa to show that I was in Russia temporarily. However, if I buy tickets from March-August both outbound and return and tell my potential future boss that I’m only planning to stay and work till August will I still be eligible for the student loan?
Thank you!
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have to ordinarily be a resident of the U.K. for 3 years prior to your course. I can’t say for certain, you’re better off asking student finance directly.
Stephb1502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you take a gap year and return to the same course at the same university you will be classed as a returning student and don’t need to provide any residency evidence. So essentially not have to notify SFE, at the same time it’s a temporary break aswell so wouldn’t really matter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (475)
51.86%
No (441)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed