How do I know I've ended puberty? (Male)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In few time I'm gonna be 16, and it feels really strange that I've ended growing at the start of 2020 when I still was 14...
Since then I didn't grow anymore, so thinking that they are nearly 2 years of no growth, I suppose that that mean I've stopped growing, but I'm nowhere near as tall as my dad (even tho I'm slightly taller than my mother).

I found on internet a lot of sites that talk about what are the symptoms of having ended puberty (for males), but I have just half of those symptoms.
And even if I have just half of the symptoms, I've also done a x-ray test on my wrist some time ago and it says that I have a bone age between 17 and 18, even if at that time I was halfway my 15 year, so it feels kinda strange that I've not ended puberty yet, but I already have such an old bone age (for my real age).
I'm not sure how much accurate bone age tests are, but looking at the image of my wrist there still is a little crack on the bones (unless I'm blind that is), but like I said I'm not sure how much this test tell me if my legs or column vertebra will still grow, so I think it is not that relevant.

I've also seen this growth hormone (HGH) if I actually do have a few of growth to do, can taking this thing help me become taller?

Anyway whatever I'm gonna grow or not, I suppose the only thing I can do is accept it, after all I'm short, but not the shortest and I can still find girl shorter than me, and I can use my shortness as a combat tool, thank you for the help!
username5555184
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In few time I'm gonna be 16, and it feels really strange that I've ended growing at the start of 2020 when I still was 14...
Since then I didn't grow anymore, so thinking that they are nearly 2 years of no growth, I suppose that that mean I've stopped growing, but I'm nowhere near as tall as my dad (even tho I'm slightly taller than my mother).

I found on internet a lot of sites that talk about what are the symptoms of having ended puberty (for males), but I have just half of those symptoms.
And even if I have just half of the symptoms, I've also done a x-ray test on my wrist some time ago and it says that I have a bone age between 17 and 18, even if at that time I was halfway my 15 year, so it feels kinda strange that I've not ended puberty yet, but I already have such an old bone age (for my real age).
I'm not sure how much accurate bone age tests are, but looking at the image of my wrist there still is a little crack on the bones (unless I'm blind that is), but like I said I'm not sure how much this test tell me if my legs or column vertebra will still grow, so I think it is not that relevant.

I've also seen this growth hormone (HGH) if I actually do have a few of growth to do, can taking this thing help me become taller?

Anyway whatever I'm gonna grow or not, I suppose the only thing I can do is accept it, after all I'm short, but not the shortest and I can still find girl shorter than me, and I can use my shortness as a combat tool, thank you for the help!
HGH won't make you taller if you're bone age is already 17/18.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by teddy conner)
HGH won't make you taller if you're bone age is already 17/18.
But if I still have a little to grow normally, it is gonna help, won't it?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How tall are you?

How did your wrist come to be X-rayed?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
How tall are you?

How did your wrist come to be X-rayed?
I'm 165cm when I'm in a straight/healthy position (My mother 163cm and my father 175cm, probably he is taller if he is in a straight position), and I decided to do the x-ray test because I found it on internet, the x-ray test said that I've no growth plates, but I'm not sure if it works on the whole body (so I don't understand if I still have growth plates on my legs and vertebra column), and how is it possible that at the start of my 15 years I had a bone age of 18 years.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you spoken to your GP about this? Did he/she arrange for the X-Ray to be done?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Have you spoken to your GP about this? Did he/she arrange for the X-Ray to be done?
I Have already asked to my GP, but he didn't say much, and no it was a different person who did the x-ray to me.
Not sure if it's needed, but this is what happened:
I went to this place where they do x-rays, and when it was my turn a woman took me in a place with no one, and put my hand on a thing that looks like a screen, after a few second she let me go. Before going I asked what were the result and she said she wasn't the one that knew this kind of things, so I decided to just go back to my mom and return home.
After a few days they call me and give me a box with inside two paper, one with my x-ray, and an another one with general things.
2003a39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You don't end puberty, puberty ends you. It completely stops at 17-21, growth plates might close between 16-21.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2003a39)
You don't end puberty, puberty ends you. It completely stops at 17-21, growth plates might close between 16-21.
So, it seems like I still have between one and four years of puberty to go, thank for the clarification!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (623)
48.86%
No (652)
51.14%

Watched Threads