I only SLIGHTLY worked less than 3 years, can I lie about when I stopped working?

Watch
soundcloudrapper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
But I was still financially independent after I quit using savings I'd accrued from that job. Title says it all. I want as much maintenance loan as possible. I only worked for 2 years and 7 months, can I lie and say I quit that job 5 months later than I really did? The only confirmed way of knowing is if they see that I didn't earn money for those 5 months. But I was still financially independent with the savings I'd accrued!
HaydenFordz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by soundcloudrapper)
But I was still financially independent after I quit using savings I'd accrued from that job. Title says it all. I want as much maintenance loan as possible. I only worked for 2 years and 7 months, can I lie and say I quit that job 5 months later than I really did? The only confirmed way of knowing is if they see that I didn't earn money for those 5 months. But I was still financially independent with the savings I'd accrued!
that's not slight, that's almost half a year, slight would mean a month max :facepalm:
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah you're just rounding it up. It's approximately 3 years basically.
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
(Original post by HaydenFordz)
that's not slight, that's almost half a year, slight would mean a month max :facepalm:
Yeah but it's bs, I earned well over 7,000 a year even though I didn't work 3 full years I was financially independent for 3 whole years.
HaydenFordz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah but it's bs, I earned well over 7,000 a year even though I didn't work 3 full years I was financially independent for 3 whole years.
Yes but did it ask how long you were financially independent or how long you were working....
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
Yes but did it ask how long you were financially independent or how long you were working....
They want to find out if I have been financially independent yeah? Then the way they're doing that is flawed.
HaydenFordz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They want to find out if I have been financially independent yeah? Then the way they're doing that is flawed.
Nope I’m pretty sure they want to know who’s long you have worked
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
Nope I’m pretty sure they want to know who’s long you have worked
Then I'm ****ed if I don't lie. Well... I have worked 3 other jobs, but they were let me think. They were more than 3 years ago all of them, can I still bring them up?
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah you're just rounding it up. It's approximately 3 years basically.
Idk how much of a risk it is. Hmmmmmmmm....
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Idk how much of a risk it is. Hmmmmmmmm....
Mate I was being sarcastic. But for what it’s worth, references are meaningless in the UK for most roles, the information given is restricted or none at all. Unlikely anyone will bother to check.
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
Mate I was being sarcastic. But for what it’s worth, references are meaningless in the UK for most roles, the information given is restricted or none at all. Unlikely anyone will bother to check.
How much evidence are they going to ask me for? Anyone know?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How much evidence are they going to ask me for? Anyone know?
If this is for a job that does not require security clearance or professional certification, they won’t ask for any evidence. If this is for anything else then I’m not sure.
soundcloudrapper
Rep:
?
If this is for a job that does not require security clearance or professional certification, they won’t ask for any evidence. If this is for anything else then I’m not sure.
It's for Student Finance application for Uni maintenance loan.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I see. In that case do not risk it as you will be found out during credit and tax checks. You will have to pay the money back as well. This will be a permanent marker on your financial records.
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They verify all employment details with HMRC so there is no way to cheat the system.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (499)
51.39%
No (472)
48.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise