Alternative course from Architecture to Urban Planning and Design?

Watch
Peekahbuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I applied for the BA Architecture course at a University I really wanted to go to but I was not able to make the cut into the course.
However, they stated: given the strength of your application, we would like to offer you the possibility of a change of course to either the MPlan in Urban Studies and Planning or BA Urban Studies.
I've looked into the course and I'm extremely interested in the degree. However, the deeper I look, I feel like there's a stigma against this field. Despite it feeling like a gamble having a degree in planning, I heard the job market for the future could be promising especially in the private sector of this career.

I wish for advice on how to approach this considering Ive been accepted into the other 4 Universities I've applied to.

Do I pursue this new degree I'm interested in or continue my path into becoming an architect?
Last edited by Peekahbuu; 2 weeks ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its the sort of degree that could lead you in a hundred different directions and into some really interesting / socially worthwhile careers. Who cares what other people 'might think' ...
Peekahbuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Its the sort of degree that could lead you in a hundred different directions and into some really interesting / socially worthwhile careers. Who cares what other people 'might think' ...
Yeah! I saw the job choices I could get into and saw "transport planner", which I'm extremely interested in due to my unhealthy obsession with trains. But that's about it really. I'm under the impression its a real-life clash of clans and fallout shelter combined.

Thanks for the encouragement!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (54)
24.32%
Unhappy (59)
26.58%
Conflicted (109)
49.1%

Watched Threads