help with managing chronic stomach pain

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi , I've recently been diagnosed with IBS, and my worst symptom of it is daily stomach pains. I was wondering if anyone else who experiences this had any tips for managing them, since sometimes it's so bad I can't do anything at all. I haven't found any foods that trigger it specifically.

thanks in advance ^_^
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Buscopan
amypotts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Buscopan is very very good
Hot water bottles (or heat pads) - very helpful
Keep a food diary (it is super important to find your triggers)
Also keep a note of your stress levels (I know that stress is a massive trigger for me)

In terms of distracting yourself when the tummy cramps hit - I find playing interactive games on my ipad helps (where you have to focus on the game and are constantly playing, not where you take a turn and wait for the AI to have a go)
If stress is one of your triggers - try going to therapy (Time to Talk Health can help with IBS condition)

Best thing I can add is this - you are not alone. It is annoying, but you will find ways to cope with it. Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you very much!! ^_^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (623)
48.86%
No (652)
51.14%

Watched Threads