sabrinaaaaf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm from Hong Kong, and I applied to five universities with the following entry requirements:
1 AAA 1AAB 1ABBand 2 BBB
and my predicted grades are ABB,
I got rejected by that AAA uni, but an offer from the AAB uni,
I applied to that 2 BBB uni for insurance, but now I regret, and want to substitute with other unis (ABB).
Can I do that? What can I do?

Ps. I'm sorry if there are many grammatically mistakes ><
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can change your options only within the first two weeks of making an application as far as I'm aware. After that you have to wait to see what offers you get, and then you have a couple possible options depending on what the outcome is. If you get no offers, you may be able to use UCAS Extra to add an extra application. If you do get an offer, accept it, and then exceed that offer on results day, you may be able to go through UCAS Adjustment and "apply" again to a course with higher entry requirements.

Alternatively you could go through UCAS Clearing after the main A-level results day here (it does open earlier but the many unis don't post their courses available in clearing until after A-level results day). Note in principle you can do more than one of these e.g. if you get no options you could go through extra, and if there are no courses you wish to apply to or you don't get an offer, go through clearing. So they aren't mutually exclusive options.
sabrinaaaaf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
You can change your options only within the first two weeks of making an application as far as I'm aware. After that you have to wait to see what offers you get, and then you have a couple possible options depending on what the outcome is. If you get no offers, you may be able to use UCAS Extra to add an extra application. If you do get an offer, accept it, and then exceed that offer on results day, you may be able to go through UCAS Adjustment and "apply" again to a course with higher entry requirements.

Alternatively you could go through UCAS Clearing after the main A-level results day here (it does open earlier but the many unis don't post their courses available in clearing until after A-level results day). Note in principle you can do more than one of these e.g. if you get no options you could go through extra, and if there are no courses you wish to apply to or you don't get an offer, go through clearing. So they aren't mutually exclusive options.
I see! Thanks a lot! I think I'm gonna accept that offer, and maybe go through adjustment if I could.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sabrinaaaaf)
I see! Thanks a lot! I think I'm gonna accept that offer, and maybe go through adjustment if I could.
Just bear in mind that a) you need to exceed your offer on results day (and they are quite specific about the circumstances that qualify for this; for example getting ABC when holding an offer for a BBB course is not exceeding the offer; you would need to get ABB or better) and b) not all universities or courses participate in adjustment, so there is no guarantee the course you want to apply to through adjustment will be there.

However you can always self-release into clearing on results day if you aren't eligible for adjustment but don't want to go to the uni you met your offer for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (48)
23.19%
Unhappy (56)
27.05%
Conflicted (103)
49.76%

Watched Threads