eating disorder

Watch
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
With all due respect , do you seriously think that if a person has an eating disorder should just eat . Do you think it's that easy ? if so then half of the world wouldn't be seeking serious help and no one will have the disorder . This is disrespectful of you to say " get your act together " Thanks for looking out for others but you saying that is completly disrespectful!!
Thanks for your reply. Please see my original comment - I did not say people with eating disorders should just eat. I am strongly of the mind, as above, that if one is aware of a possible struggle with eating, they should try to eat properly before they narrow their chances of a long and otherwise happy life. I understand you may see my comment as disrespectful, but I am willing to risk being taken that way if just one person sees this and is able to help themselves, before developing an ingrained habit and needing to seek further help. Habits and addictions that form mental health disorders such as these are best combatted before they reach a so called 'habitual equilibrium', actions like I have suggested - for the right individual - could prove to be of the utmost relevance and save lives.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for your reply. Please see my original comment - I did not say people with eating disorders should just eat. I am strongly of the mind, as above, that if one is aware of a possible struggle with eating, they should try to eat properly before they narrow their chances of a long and otherwise happy life. I understand you may see my comment as disrespectful, but I am willing to risk being taken that way if just one person sees this and is able to help themselves, before developing an ingrained habit and needing to seek further help. Habits and addictions that form mental health disorders such as these are best combatted before they reach a so called 'habitual equilibrium', actions like I have suggested - for the right individual - could prove to be of the utmost relevance and save lives.
Hello , thank you for your clarification and advice . Sorry if there was a misunderstanding , I do agree that if a person feels like they have the disorder they should do something about it and not leave it to get more severe . It's terribly sad that people are loosing their lives due to eating disorder .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (620)
48.9%
No (648)
51.1%

Watched Threads