Extenuating circumstance university application

Watch
kaaarrrreeeeenaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I had serious COVID-19 symptoms during December 2020/January 2021 that lasted for about 6 weeks into the new year. This affected my studies as I had to do my mock exams during this. I am unsure with how to fill out an Extenuating circumstances application for the universities I have applied to. There is a part in the form that asks for a medical statement, I don't know how to get that and who to ask for that from. I have a positive covid-19 diagnosis as evidence but I don't know how to fill out the rest of the application.
h0llyl0u
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you have the email/letter stating that you had a positive diagnosis, attach that to your form. Also, to show that you were affected for a long period of time, you should ask your GP to write you a letter and let them know what they need to include (how it affected you/stopped you from doing and how long it lasted for). I don’t know if it’s too late to get that letter now though, as it’s been a few weeks since you stopped having side affects. My advice would be to email/phone the universities, ask them what they need as evidence and whether a letter dated after your symptoms subsided would be efficient evidence.
Last edited by h0llyl0u; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (51)
24.17%
Unhappy (56)
26.54%
Conflicted (104)
49.29%

Watched Threads