Book Recommendations

Watch this thread
AA..
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Lockdown has become quite tiring and boring, and I've read most of my books over 2 times, so does anyone have any really good book recommendations? I really like crime/ thriller novels!
userhep
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you're looking for ones aimed at YA readers, I'd definitely recommend anything by Karen M. McManus. Also The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas and the S.T.A.G.S. series by M.A. Bennett.
edit: I'd also recommend There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins; it's a proper fast-paced thriller that's got big horror movie vibes.

Or for ones aimed at an adult audience (but that I've been reading throughout my teens) I'd also recommend the Inspector Chopra series by Vaseem Khan and the D.I. Marnie Rome series by Sarah Hilary.

Also, the Ruby Redfort series is a personal childhood fave about a thirteen-year-old detective working for a secret agency, they're really fun so if you're looking for a lighter read that's still sort of in the genre I'd recommend them too.
Last edited by userhep; 1 year ago
HaydenFordz
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The entire shadowhunters universe :

So The mortal instruments series, infernal devices series, dark artifices series, and the last hours series
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by userhep)
If you're looking for ones aimed at YA readers, I'd definitely recommend anything by Karen M. McManus. Also The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas and the S.T.A.G.S. series by M.A. Bennett.

Or for ones aimed at an adult audience (but that I've been reading throughout my teens) I'd also recommend the Inspector Chopra series by Vaseem Khan and the D.I. Marnie Rome series by Sarah Hilary.

Also, the Ruby Redfort series is a personal childhood fave about a thirteen-year-old detective working for a secret agency, they're really fun so if you're looking for a lighter read that's still sort of in the genre I'd recommend them too.
I've read the "one of us is lying" series by Karen M. McManus, and I loved it. I definitely will find the others and order them to read soon!
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by HaydenFordz)
The entire shadowhunters universe :

So The mortal instruments series, infernal devices series, dark artifices series, and the last hours series
Sounds really interesting! Thanks so much; I will read this soon!
HaydenFordz
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
Sounds really interesting! Thanks so much; I will read this soon!
Try to read it in the order I sent it in if you like
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Little Women novels
Little House in America
Anne of Green Gables
Ballet Shoes
Party Shoes
Written in our Stars
Hunger Games
Fault in our Stars
Malory Tower books
St Clare's series
Chalet School stories
litstudent30
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
One of Us is Lying
Good Girl's Guide to Murder
Six of Crows

If you're looking for something more classic, maybe try some of Conan Doyle's Sherlock short stories/novels.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
Lockdown has become quite tiring and boring, and I've read most of my books over 2 times, so does anyone have any really good book recommendations? I really like crime/ thriller novels!
The books by Lisa stone are really good.
So are the books by Mike pannett

The never list by koethi Zan is also worth a read
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by Emma:-))
The books by Lisa stone are really good.
So are the books by Mike pannett

The never list by koethi Zan is also worth a read
I've never heard of these! I'll try and find them ASAP .
Thanks so much!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
I've never heard of these! I'll try and find them ASAP .
Thanks so much!
Lisa stone is the same author as Cathy glass, who does all of the true life fostering stories. The Cathy glass books are also amazing. But the Lisa stone one books are obviously under a different name. They are thriller type books. I've read two of them so far and they are amazing.

I've known of the Mike pannett books for a while. I found out about him when I be brought 3 books for £5 once from the works and one of his books was one of them. Great books, deffo worth a read.

I'd never heard of the never list myself until a friend let me borrow her copy. It's very good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (100)
68.03%
No (31)
21.09%
I didn't use it to prepare (16)
10.88%

Watched Threads