Choices... child development and business gcse

Watch
Sazzi06
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, Are the research components of child development gcse or business gcse actually completed at home or at school under exam conditions?
Also I'm doing the sciences so thought these would be more chilled topics
but just don't know if I'm underestimating the workload and the research might be tough and very time consuming? Has anyone experience of these GCSEs and they can advise? Thanks. I really can't decide.
Last edited by Sazzi06; 1 week ago
isabel.b
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sazzi06)
Hi, Are the research components of child development gcse or business gcse actually completed at home or at school under exam conditions?
Also I'm doing the sciences so thought these would be more chilled topics
but just don't know if I'm underestimating the workload and the research might be tough and very time consuming? Has anyone experience of these GCSEs and they can advise? Thanks. I really can't decide.
I didn't do either of those at GCSE so I won't be that much help but considering no one else has replied, this will probably be better than nothing! The workload honestly depends on how many subjects you are doing but I would email the teacher at your school that teaches those subjects to find out more since they will give you the best answer. I'm in year 11 right now and the GCSE workload was not bad at all. What subjects are you doing? I am doing maths, english lit &lang, chemistry, physics, biology, geography, history, dt and italian and it was totally manageable! I had lots of free time. Hope this helps ;D
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whereabouts are you? In England there isn't a Child development GCSE, although I think there might be in NI. Is it actually a Cambridge National? https://www.ocr.org.uk/subjects/child-development/

GCSE business is all assessed by exam so there are no coursework type elements under exam conditions.
alexandra877
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I did Child Development at GCSE (although this was 5 years ago now, so not sure how it works with the new grading system etc!). When I was doing the coursework, as far as I can remember it's all completed in the classroom setting, but you can do research at home. So you can get on with some stuff at home, but generally everybody would use the sessions to complete everything. They give you plenty of time and most lessons for a few months are dedicated to one piece of coursework. Child Development was a good subject and a fairly easy pass. Whilst it's not actually as easy as people make out - there's definitely a high workload - it's enjoyable and would definitely be a nice break from your other subjects. Enjoy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.36%
No (693)
51.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed