On 4,500 calories a day to gain 10kg in 10 weeks - Is this OK?

Watch
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aurimaspra)
clearly you're an idiot and didn't read my post where I put take an average of the 3 most popular formulas, not my problem.
But you’re taking an average of 3 wrong numbers to use 🤔🤔🤔
Advertisement
Jason3524
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
That's if you assume the person does exercise. They didn't mention any form of exercise, therefore TDEE is pretty useless and will give the same answer (if there is no exercise involved).
(Original post by Nutritionist)
TDEE, not BMR
Sorry guys, I should've elaborated. I do weight training 4 times a week (compound exercises) for 90 minutes. Not that it has too much effect but also, I leave the house everyday to do some form of walking so I take that into account as well.

Thanks for the input but I believe calculating my TDEE was the best move and having a caloric surplus from that figure.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
No, TDEE is not just BMR exercise. It’s any physical activity at all beyond lying motionless for 24 hours a day (non-exercise activity thermogenesis). It’s also the thermic effect of food. It adds up to a lot more.
That's if you assume the person does exercise. They didn't mention any form of exercise, therefore TDEE is pretty useless and will give the same answer (if there is no exercise involved).
to lose weight you must be on a deficit as u know

you can burn calories in 4 ways

metabolism (BMR) 60%
neat 20%
cardio 10%
thermic effect 10%

as you can see exercise or not bmr and tdee will be Very different probably about 1000 cal diff

tdee is not useless. It takes in account of exercise if any. if u do Alot of exercise your tdee Will be higher vs no exercise
Last edited by Proxenus; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%