The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Nursing at City University of London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have applied for children's nurse and have recieved offer from them. How are the exams like?

Hi! Have you firmed City as you university for children nursing?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hi, I have applied for children's nurse and have recieved offer from them. How are the exams like?

Hi! Have you firmed City as your university for children nursing?
Hi! Have you firmed City as you university for children nursing?

Yp, I did
Yp, I did

What was your insurance if you don’t mind me asking?
What was your insurance if you don’t mind me asking?

LSBU
Reply 25
Original post by Nadia@CityUoL-StudentRep
Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing well, especially in these current situations we have found ourselves in.

Welcome to City, University of London’s Nursing thread, where you can ask me anything about studying Nursing at City, whether it be an Adult, Children’s or Mental Health Nursing course J and feel free to ask any burning questions you may have about student life at City. I’ll jump in with some suggestions and answers 😊

Start a discussion by answering the questions below:

- What type of field of nursing are you considering getting into?

- Where else are you thinking of applying to study nursing?

- Is nursing your ideal degree and career choice?

- At what stage are you with your research/application?

Find all the latest information on nursing and the course offerings on our Nursing webpage.

Wishing you all well!

Nadia

Official City, University of London Student Rep

Hi , I’ve applied for adult Nursing at City and wondering about the interview process . How does it work ? What kind of questions should I expect and how should I prep myself ? Thank you
Hi, I was just wondering wondering if I could have some advice on whether it would be better to do accommodation for adult nursing due to placement and travel I live in London roughly an hour and a bit away. However I’m unsure to how far my placement will be as I will start in September, I don’t want to be stressed due to travel and I’m unsure on what to do. Thank you !
Reply 27
Has anyone heard back from the uni? I’ve got an unconditional offer but I haven’t heard much from the uni since receiving an offer
Original post by Ayshxm
Has anyone heard back from the uni? I’ve got an unconditional offer but I haven’t heard much from the uni since receiving an offer

Aw congratulations! What course did you apply for and have you firmed City ? I recently went on a student live chat for City other than that not much ?
Reply 29
Aw congratulations! What course did you apply for and have you firmed City ? I recently went on a student live chat for City other than that not much ?

Hi I’m doing child nursing (firmed it) and congrats on your offer too! What course?
Original post by Ayshxm
Hi I’m doing child nursing (firmed it) and congrats on your offer too! What course?

I am doing children nursing too and firmed City!
Have you booked a virtual open day at City?
Reply 32
I am doing children nursing too and firmed City!

Omg. I haven’t met anyone from the course til now. If you don’t mind Can you private message me to talk (bc your account is anonymous)
Original post by Ayshxm
Omg. I haven’t met anyone from the course til now. If you don’t mind Can you private message me to talk (bc your account is anonymous)

Awwww yes no worries , il send you a message!
Anyone else applied and firmed City uni?
Original post by Lokumo
Hi , I’ve applied for adult Nursing at City and wondering about the interview process . How does it work ? What kind of questions should I expect and how should I prep myself ? Thank you

Hey,
I hope you are well :smile:

The interview process due to Covid has now been changed from face to face to phone call interviews.
The interview process can be daunting and scary but if you prepare what you want to say and prepare some questions, you should be fine! The main kind of concepts and questions that are asked are;
1) Why did you pick nursing?
2) Why did you pick this university?
3) What will you bring to this profession and this university?

These are the broad concept questions that could be asked amongst others.

I hope this helps! Good Luck!

Nadia
Hey Nadia!
For my City university offer they said We reserve the right to use academic and character references as part of the academic selection process please submit a satisfactory Character reference to the School of Health Sciences Admissions Team by 31 July 2021’ do I have to receive one from my teacher or do I have to write one when filling out the School of Health Sciences Admissions ?

Hi,
I am really sorry for the VERY late reply, I have been quite busy with exam season.
This basically means when City asks you for references either when you're filling out the admissions or if they notify you via email, you will need to have a reference from your academic teachers ready to send by July 2021. If City does not received sufficient references by the date they have specified this can affect your chances of getting in.

If you need further help regarding references please contact our admissions teams via the contact form on the following website; https://www.city.ac.uk/about/find-contact/contact

Hope this helps!

Nadia

Hi,
Apologies for the late reply, I have been busy with exam season.
There are various exams within the 3 years of studying Children's Nursing.
In the first year you typically have 2 exams, one is based on the foundations of anatomy and physiology and this is usually a multiple choice style exam. The second exam is related to nursing principles and this is based on the theory you have learnt in your first year.

In second year there is a more in depth exam regarding the biology and anatomy and physiology and this exam requires longer answers.

Alongside these exams throughout these three years you will have multiple written assignments to finish each year. As well as this there are practical exams that you need to complete each year and they are called OSCE's. This is where your practical/clinical skills that you learn are tested via you doing them physically.

I hope this has given you an insight on how exams work in this degree.

Nadia :smile:
Anyone else applied and firmed City uni?

Yes, I have an offer for child nursing and firmed it x
Did anyone manage to get in City Uni this year officially for Children nursing 2021?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending