Disappointed with marks, what should I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have got 58% as an average of some assignments I did in second year of pharmacy, I've been thinking where I went wrong but apart from a few mistakes and referencing that I know about, I'm surprised at how low the mark I got was for each.

I tried to fit the mark scheme but my points have been said as 'weak' or 'irrelevant and don't make sense'even though they've said to mention it.

I'm really confused and don't know if or how to approach my lecturers about finding marks. I did so well last year and I'm in 2nd year so this does count towards a percentage of my final grade.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ask them for feed back if you have none and learn from it.
Galdiowolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, act on your feedback ASAP, and you will improve ☺️
mike23mike
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have got 58% as an average of some assignments I did in second year of pharmacy, I've been thinking where I went wrong but apart from a few mistakes and referencing that I know about, I'm surprised at how low the mark I got was for each.

I tried to fit the mark scheme but my points have been said as 'weak' or 'irrelevant and don't make sense'even though they've said to mention it.

I'm really confused and don't know if or how to approach my lecturers about finding marks. I did so well last year and I'm in 2nd year so this does count towards a percentage of my final grade.
Best way for you to improve is to ask colleagues who did well to share their assignments. Most will be flattered to be asked.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
If you pass the mark, you honestly are fine like well done if you did!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Best way for you to improve is to ask colleagues who did well to share their assignments. Most will be flattered to be asked.
I did ask about marks and how they set out their assignments and the feedback which was posted, they did so quite similar to mine. I want to email my markers but dont want to lose any more.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
If you pass the mark, you honestly are fine like well done if you did!
Thank you! I did pass! But I'm overall disappointed and it means I have to work twice as hard for the exams.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Hiya!

I have found whilst being at uni that sometimes the marks you get can be a real shocker! On some essay I thought I would do really well but ended up doing worse that I thought, so you aren't alone in how you feel.

I would recommend emailing your personal tutor to ask for some more feedback on your essay and to ask for a zoom call perhaps where they can go through your essay and give you some tips for how to improve for your next essay.

Also have a look into your Student Study Support team. I always send my work to them before a deadline to read over as they can check argument structure, spelling, grammar etc. This is usually 10% of your marks in an essay so if you can make a few changes then it can add those extra marks!

Best of luck Sam- Official Student Rep
Someoneorsometh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Honestly dont worry about it like all you need is a pass. Higher marks don't matter at the end of the day but that's just my opinion. I feel quality over quantity is better tbh..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (423)
51.9%
No (392)
48.1%

Watched Threads