Help with weight, pains and dizziness

Watch
Sean_2201
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm a 16 m at 6ft 1. For a few years I've been suffering with the following: dizziness leading me to be on the floor for several minutes paralysed and unable to see or hear for several minutes, Heart palpitations and pains, joint pains in hands and neck, confusion and fatigue, frequent memory blackouts, and finally I have a fluctuating weight averaging between 8 and a half stone and 9 stone. Was wondering if anyone would help since the doctors I've seen are useless and only measure me and send me on my way.
Last edited by Sean_2201; 1 week ago
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They're fairly nonspecific symptoms, have they done any other tests? Sometimes you have to be persistent with the same GP to get them to take you seriously.
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
They're fairly nonspecific symptoms, have they done any other tests? Sometimes you have to be persistent with the isame GP to get them to take you seriously.
I've seen my gp several times and he's measured me and that's about it I practically had to beg from a blood test and he gave me one but nothing came of it
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sean_2201)
I've seen my gp several times and he's measured me and that's about it I practically had to beg from a blood test and he gave me one but nothing came of it
Do you mean that the blood test came back fine?
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Do you mean that the blood test came back fine?
Sorry should've been more clear about that. I mean I had the appointment had my bloods taken and then nothing from the doctor since.
Whoanon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry should've been more clear about that. I mean I had the appointment had my bloods taken and then nothing from the doctor since.
Hi has it been over 2 weeks because if they don’t show anything they won’t contact you unfortunately
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Call them to see if they will go through the results.

Like, I do have difficulties that are similar, if not the same as yours but as I said, they are fairly non-specific, so it might take a while for you to get a solid answer.

What's your diet like? Are you hydrated enough?
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
(Original post by Whoanon)
Hi has it been over 2 weeks because if they don’t show anything they won’t contact you unfortunately
It's been several months and a dozen appointments since the blood test and they haven't mentioned anything at all they just keep measuring my height and weight
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Call them to see if they will go through the results.

Like, I do have difficulties that are similar, if not the same as yours but as I said, they are fairly non-specific, so it might take a while for you to get a solid answer.

What's your diet like? Are you hydrated enough?
I'm eating 3 substantial meals a day with snacks and stuff inbetween and I'm drinking about 8-9 pints of water or squash a day
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm eating 3 substantial meals a day with snacks and stuff inbetween and I'm drinking about 8-9 pints of water or squash a day
Okay, how's your sleep? Are you able to exercise?
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Okay, how's your sleep? Are you able to exercise?
I sleep around 6-7 hours and I try to
Ride my skateboard or just go for a walk very day or every other day
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I sleep around 6-7 hours and I try to
Ride my skateboard or just go for a walk very day or every other day
Sounds like you're doing what you can. How's your mental health?

Really, you might need to paint a picture for how debilitating these symptoms are for you/how bad they can get. E.g. explain how you can't do normal daily activities with relative ease because of xyz symptoms and how you need to make sure nothing bad is going on/you want treatment if it's indicated.
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Sounds like you're doing what you can. How's your mental health?

Really, you might need to paint a picture for how debilitating these symptoms are for you/how bad they can get. E.g. explain how you can't do normal daily activities with relative ease because of xyz symptoms and how you need to make sure nothing bad is going on/you want treatment if it's indicated.
The neck pains mean I can't sleep with my head elevated at all I'm just sleeping on my mattress. With the dizziness it happens daily and I'm afraid that when I'm falling I'll hit my head on something or break something. The hand pains mean I can't keep a hard grip because of the pain. The confusion and fatigue makes me just not want to do anything at all and the memory blackouts makes me feel stupid asking people so I know what I've done
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The neck pains mean I can't sleep with my head elevated at all I'm just sleeping on my mattress. With the dizziness it happens daily and I'm afraid that when I'm falling I'll hit my head on something or break something. The hand pains mean I can't keep a hard grip because of the pain. The confusion and fatigue makes me just not want to do anything at all and the memory blackouts makes me feel stupid asking people so I know what I've done
Do your doctors know all this? What have they said they think the cause might be?
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Do your doctors know all this? What have they said they think the cause might be?
Yes the doctors know everything. And my doctor says nothing to me other than yeah and ok
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes the doctors know everything. And my doctor says nothing to me other than yeah and ok
That sounds really frustrating. Do you see the same GP every time? It might be worth speaking to someone different, see if they have any ideas.
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
I've seen several different GPs in 2 different counties
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've seen several different GPs in 2 different counties
Stick with the same one for a while. They'll get to know you and understand that this is really bothering you.
Sean_2201
Rep:
?
Stick with the same one for a while. They'll get to know you and understand that this is really bothering you.
It's really frustrating because I dont know if I'm safe to go to college or anything like what if I collapse there when people are relying on me and I injure them and myself. And I can't get anything not even a hint about what's going on
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's really frustrating because I dont know if I'm safe to go to college or anything like what if I collapse there when people are relying on me and I injure them and myself. And I can't get anything not even a hint about what's going on
I know. I passed out frequently at school, hit my head on all manner of different things, it was scary. You have to find a GP that's either understanding or if they don't know, they can pass you on to someone who will know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
13.05%
Virtual campus tours/open days (110)
23.16%
Live streaming events (44)
9.26%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.68%
A uni comparison tool (108)
22.74%
An in-person event when available (105)
22.11%