The Student Room Group

Universities

Excluding Oxbridge, what are some good universities located in the UK and why? (Russell group or not I don't mind.)
I know this is a super generalist question, but any answers are super appreciated!
This is a very broad question!!! Personally I quite like Bristol as it’s quite a chilled out and creative city and has good access to other big cities without being too urban and overwhelming! The uni is good and academic however not as intense as Oxbridge so it’s a pretty good balance
Reply 2
Original post by lemonadetea
This is a very broad question!!! Personally I quite like Bristol as it’s quite a chilled out and creative city and has good access to other big cities without being too urban and overwhelming! The uni is good and academic however not as intense as Oxbridge so it’s a pretty good balance

Thank you!!
Check out league tables if you’re looking for ‘prestigious’ unis as they are good in the impressability/employability scale (not that other unis won’t give you a great degree!) Unis like Durham, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, imperial, ucl and the Russel group of course would be good ones that consistently make it up there.
if you are set on a specific course find the best uni for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending