ever sheds Sutherland apprenticeship 2021

Watch
anonymous 333333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied to the solicitor apprenticeship at Eversheds and Sutherland and got an email saying they would give further updates on the application in early February, but still haven't got an email. I'm getting a little stressed now as I really want the apprenticeship. should I email them?
ItsJcesar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend you email them, and kindly say that you have previously applied to a position for an apprenticeship, but have not heard back.

Such a large company would adhere to their HR conduct of ‘fairness of employment’, meaning any individual has a right to be employed fairly. Therefore, you asking for about your application in process should be a fair assessment of your application.

That being said, make sure to check your email junk folder and other areas where it may have have gone. Additionally, I suggest you re-read the email they sent you, as it may say that If you have not been contacted by a specific date, then your application has been unsuccessful.
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItsJcesar)
I would recommend you email them, and kindly say that you have previously applied to a position for an apprenticeship, but have not heard back.

Such a large company would adhere to their HR conduct of ‘fairness of employment’, meaning any individual has a right to be employed fairly. Therefore, you asking for about your application in process should be a fair assessment of your application.

That being said, make sure to check your email junk folder and other areas where it may have have gone. Additionally, I suggest you re-read the email they sent you, as it may say that If you have not been contacted by a specific date, then your application has been unsuccessful.
thanks for your reply, yeah I think I would be better of emailing them. this is the email they sent to me

We wanted to provide an update to let you know are still in the process of reviewing applications and finalizing numbers and vacancies across the offices. We hope to be able to provide a further update on the status of your application in early February.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Thank you once again for your continued patience.

Kind regards

Emerging Talent Team
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP
ItsJcesar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok brilliant, i suggest you write them an email as soon as possible. That way they will be able to reply within 2 or 3 working days, and you should hear a response from them by Wednesday if you send the email tonight.
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItsJcesar)ok brilliant, i suggest you write them an email as soon as possible. That way they will be able to reply within 2 or 3 working days, and you should hear a response from them by Wednesday if you send the email tonight.

ok brilliant, i suggest you write them an email as soon as possible. That way they will be able to reply within 2 or 3 working days, and you should hear a response from them by Wednesday if you send the email tonight.
yeah, I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applicants and should reply by the end of Feburary.
thanks for you replied tho
ItsJcesar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no worries. If they dont reply by the end of the February, waiting until March the 3rd and then email them again asking for an update. Its not a disadvantage if you continue to email them. In fact it will be a advantage as they will begin to know who you are and you are eager to obtain the position. Best of luck
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
no worries. If they dont reply by the end of the February, waiting until March the 3rd and then email them again asking for an update. Its not a disadvantage if you continue to email them. In fact it will be a advantage as they will begin to know who you are and you are eager to obtain the position. Best of luck
thank you
Anon1712
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anonymous 333333 I’ve emailed them today and they have said they would get back with an update ‘as soon as possible’ so I’m not sure if that contradicts the previous email of saying by the end of the month.
Last edited by Anon1712; 1 month ago
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
not too sure about that, hopefully, we get a reply soon, where have you applied btw
Anon1712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Birmingham! And yourself?
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anon1712)
Birmingham! And yourself?
omg, same! have you applied for the solicitor apprenticeship or another?
Anon1712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The solicitor one! I hear they take 2 people in every year
Mollyk220313
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aa far as i'm aware, no one has heard back from Eversheds yet (which is frustrating!)
Should we use this thread to keep updated if we are to hear back?
Anon1712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mollyk220313)
Aa far as i'm aware, no one has heard back from Eversheds yet (which is frustrating!)
Definitely!
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
The solicitor one! I hear they take 2 people in every year
wow that's tough, what were you're stats if you don't mind me asking, I got very average grades so I have a feeling I'm not getting in
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
yes definitely! where have you applied?
Mollyk220313
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous 333333)
yes definitely! where have you applied?
London! I very much doubt I’ll get an interview though as I stupidly made a mistake on my application and said the scheme was 7 years not 6. Just hoping the rest was strong enough!

What other schemes have people applied to?
Anon1712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous 333333)
wow that's tough, what were you're stats if you don't mind me asking, I got very average grades so I have a feeling I'm not getting in
i applied with A*AA, what did you apply with if you don't mind me asking.
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
i applied with A*AA, what did you apply with if you don't mind me asking.
that's really good - I applied with AAA in
anonymous 333333
Rep:
?
London! I very much doubt I’ll get an interview though as I stupidly made a mistake on my application and said the scheme was 7 years not 6. Just hoping the rest was strong enough!

What other schemes have people applied to?
oh dear, hopefully, it'll be fine and they won't focus on it too much. I think some have applied for the paralegal apprenticeship but I'm not too sure. Good luck tho!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.85%
Uncertainty around my education (441)
14.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (336)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (418)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.02%
Loneliness (256)
8.56%
Financial worries (109)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (162)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (264)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (283)
9.47%

Watched Threads