Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sitting AQA A psychology on tuesday? I'm sitting unit 3. I'm quite good with social influences, but have a tendency to forget the research methods stuff...

Any tips for remembering everything?

ReputationRep:
    Study in the same conditions that you will have for the exam...with help with retreval cues.
    do past papers and go over and over the things you get wrong
    Write things down. Go over them in an hour...again in 8 hours...again the next day. The more you use some information the easily it is to remember in the exam.
    Make sure that you learn the words on the sylabus, the exam board can only use these in the questions and so if you know what studies to put with which words it is a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing the same module as u. However i'm better at research method and crap at social influence!!!!!
    for research method just learn each topic-go through ur notes and learn it topic by topic. With r.method the only way u get a good mark is by learning the facts and figures.
    Any tips on social influnce-i find it really hard even though i think i know nearly everything u need 2 know but when i got to write it down...i just mess up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sannamanir)
    i'm doing the same module as u. However i'm better at research method and crap at social influence!!!!!
    for research method just learn each topic-go through ur notes and learn it topic by topic. With r.method the only way u get a good mark is by learning the facts and figures.
    Any tips on social influnce-i find it really hard even though i think i know nearly everything u need 2 know but when i got to write it down...i just mess up!
    social influence is like all the other units (except research meths)
    you get the top marks for elaborating your points, and linking it back to the question/studies you are talking about.
    A lot of the marks (I think it is most in the essay) come from analysing and evaluation. This is where you use the criticisms. To get the most marks it is better to focus on just a couple and discuss them in depth then to just list a lot of them.
    All that said the 2, 3 and 6 mark questions are very easy to drop marks on. you need to make sure you write enough to cover the marks given. Conformity is not just a majority of people influencing the minority. You should include what changes and doesn't (behaviour/thoughts/personal opinion) Giving examples is always a good thing to do as well. And if possible the defination that a psychologist has already stated.
    It works out to a mark a minute I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    Study in the same conditions that you will have for the exam...with help with retreval cues.
    do past papers and go over and over the things you get wrong
    Write things down. Go over them in an hour...again in 8 hours...again the next day. The more you use some information the easily it is to remember in the exam.
    Make sure that you learn the words on the sylabus, the exam board can only use these in the questions and so if you know what studies to put with which words it is a lot easier.
    cheers luize. I've been resding through revision guides, filling in sheets we've been given for revision help, that kinda thing.. I know the stuff, its just refreshing it all in my head, same i guess for social influence. We did this stuff like a year ago in class... I just messed up the paper in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    cheers luize. I've been resding through revision guides, filling in sheets we've been given for revision help, that kinda thing.. I know the stuff, its just refreshing it all in my head, same i guess for social influence. We did this stuff like a year ago in class... I just messed up the paper in the summer.
    I know the feeling.
    I had a different teacher last year and I only found out that I wasn't taught a lot of stuff for the social influence exam. Going over the notes from my teacher now I have realised how much I had missed.
    It's all so tedious going over everything for a second time though.
    Really greatful for my teacher this year. He has given us all the exam tips and revisions tips and revision guides. Brillient guy.
    http://www.psychade.net/
    Thats his site with all the stuff on. (Has both AS and A2) Just for any last minute stuff etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I know the feeling.
    I had a different teacher last year and I only found out that I wasn't taught a lot of stuff for the social influence exam. Going over the notes from my teacher now I have realised how much I had missed.
    It's all so tedious going over everything for a second time though.
    Really greatful for my teacher this year. He has given us all the exam tips and revisions tips and revision guides. Brillient guy.
    http://www.psychade.net/
    Thats his site with all the stuff on. (Has both AS and A2) Just for any last minute stuff etc.
    I'm reading through the unit 3 stuff on there now... its turning out to be useful. cheers.

(just out of interst though, why was spiderman dancing on the homepage)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why.
    If you go through the other pages there are other random things...and quite a bit of star wars pictures...there are even star wars sound bites. You learn to ignor the star wars stuff, I have yoda in my book thing.
    It matches his personaltiy very well though.
    Edgars page has quite a few fun things on it as well as well as random pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I'm not sure why.
    If you go through the other pages there are other random things...and quite a bit of star wars pictures...there are even star wars sound bites. You learn to ignor the star wars stuff, I have yoda in my book thing.
    It matches his personaltiy very well though.
    Edgars page has quite a few fun things on it as well as well as random pictures.
    yea, i've spotted a few star wars pics. lol. makes the site more interesting in a way coz its not exactly something you'd expect on a psychology revision site... for some people too they remember things by associating things to do with it... such as (i know this isn't social influence or research methods... lol) but I will never forget object permanence after my psychology teacher demonstrated it by using my folder and playing peek-a-boo with the class... or schemas when we did a kind or chinese whisper with Bartletts War or the Ghosts... lol. Maybe remembering little star wars figures in random places would work in the same way... ?? or am i chatting s**te now?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you are talking about classical conditioning if I remember correctly. I think it's in the memory unit somewhere.
    I associate most psych lectures with talking about fighting pandas. Today we gave him a present...well it was a box with faces drawn on...one happy..on sad. He ended up playing with it and saying it's a manic depressive and/or multiple personality generator..and somehow we were speaking about pandas in the end.

It does make sense though, I have remembered more in this class, enjoying something usually helps with it. Just the exams I don't like. Even though I usually come out and feel ready to go in again and do some more.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.