Eivy234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
If the typical offer is ABB, but the university specifies that 128 ucas points is essential does that mean A* A C what I probably will get will meet the entry requirement.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Eivy234)
If the typical offer is ABB, but the university specifies that 128 ucas points is essential does that mean A* A C what I probably will get will meet the entry requirement.
It depends on the wording of your offer on Track.

If you have questions about leniency then you should speak to a university directly to find out whether they’re usually able to be flexible about who is accepted and if so what they take into account.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just remember that Universities that specify their offers only in grades will not automatically accept 'points equivalent' - ie. BBB may be 120 UCAS points but it doesnt mean a 'grades' Uni will accept ABC (also 120 points) on Results Day. 'Points Unis' are always more flexible - that is why they make offers that way. 'Grades' Unis are more competitive and want specific grades, not 'sort of the same'.
Eivy234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
It depends on the wording of your offer on Track.

If you have questions about leniency then you should speak to a university directly to find out whether they’re usually able to be flexible about who is accepted and if so what they take into account.
I think I will email them and ask. I haven’t got an offer yet , just looking at the website to see I’m worried with the alevel fiasco at the moment.
Eivy234
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Just remember that Universities that specify their offers only in grades will not automatically accept 'points equivalent' - ie. BBB may be 120 UCAS points but it doesnt mean a 'grades' Uni will accept ABC (also 120 points) on Results Day. 'Points Unis' are always more flexible - that is why they make offers that way. 'Grades' Unis are more competitive and want specific grades, not 'sort of the same'.
They do not specify the ABB, the specify 128 ucas points and say Abb is the typical offer. I think they are a more flexible university- BCU
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Eivy234)
I think they are a more flexible university- BCU
They are usually desperate for any old bums-on-seats.
Eivy234
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
They are usually desperate for any old bums-on-seats.
I think it depends on the course I’m applying for a healthcare course which is oversubscribed for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (395)
32.32%
No (827)
67.68%

Watched Threads