Abbi-leigh101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m curious as to what goes on during an occupational health check and how or even if aspects such as weight or habits like smoking will impact it. For example, could an individual be taken off of their course for being over/underweight?x
Canigo2uni
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Abbi-leigh101)
I’m curious as to what goes on during an occupational health check and how or even if aspects such as weight or habits like smoking will impact it. For example, could an individual be taken off of their course for being over/underweight?x
Hi, I study adult nursing but I’m guessing that it would be very similar across all nursing fields. In occupational health they generally look at your fitness to practice so your weight, if you smoke, if you are pregnant, asthmatic things like that. They won’t take you off the course for any of these things it will just give them an indication on where best to put you out on practice. Also if you need a few injections before you go out on practice then it would be done through Occupational Health. Nothing to worry about hun xx
Abbi-leigh101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Canigo2uni)
Hi, I study adult nursing but I’m guessing that it would be very similar across all nursing fields. In occupational health they generally look at your fitness to practice so your weight, if you smoke, if you are pregnant, asthmatic things like that. They won’t take you off the course for any of these things it will just give them an indication on where best to put you out on practice. Also if you need a few injections before you go out on practice then it would be done through Occupational Health. Nothing to worry about hun xx
Thank you so much!x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads