isabelleH12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Has anyone got any tips on how to secure around 25 marks out of 30 for the comparative poetry questions in the love and relationships cluster. I got 18/30 which is not good enough for what i was aiming for. Some tips for how to structure an answer would be helpful too!
Last edited by isabelleH12; 4 days ago
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by isabelleH12)
Has anyone got any tips on how to secure around 25 marks out of 30 for the comparative poetry questions in the love and relationships cluster. I got 18/30 which is not good enough for what i was aiming for. Some tips for how to structure an answer would be helpful too!
which exam board are you on?
isabelleH12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by turkeydinosaur16)
which exam board are you on?
AQA
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by isabelleH12)
AQA
I did Edexcel. I'm guessing the question would be similar but please correct me if it's not. I think the questions were something like 'compare how love is presented in this poem and another from Relationships anthology' and worth 20 marks??? I think I planned for 3 paragraphs (though I'm guessing for 30 marks you'd need more) and then I would try and get a comment on language, form, structure and context for each. I'd also make comparisons within each paragraph based on the techniques used e.g. similarly both use metaphor... ; Contrastingly poem A uses a regular stanza length whereas poem B... followed by an interpretation for why this was the same/different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (483)
51.77%
No (450)
48.23%

Watched Threads