The Student Room Group

how long does it take to hear back

I've applied to some schools in Scotland towards the end of January before the deadline but haven't heard back, I'm an international student so maybe that's playing into factor?
Original post by straw_b3rry11
I've applied to some schools in Scotland towards the end of January before the deadline but haven't heard back, I'm an international student so maybe that's playing into factor?

On average it takes 7 weeks.

Scottish universities don’t start making decisions until after the January deadline for many courses and make the majority of decisions in March.
Totally normal.

All competitive Unis make offers gradually and cautiously, and will make final offers right up to early May.
This ensures they hit their 'numbers' targets and are confident of filling courses but not over-shooting.

There will be thousands of people in the same situation at the moment so don't worry.
You still have a very good chance of an offer - hang on in there.
Original post by PQ
On average it takes 7 weeks.

Scottish universities don’t start making decisions until after the January deadline for many courses and make the majority of decisions in March.

ohh okay thank you!
Original post by McGinger
Totally normal.

All competitive Unis make offers gradually and cautiously, and will make final offers right up to early May.
This ensures they hit their 'numbers' targets and are confident of filling courses but not over-shooting.

There will be thousands of people in the same situation at the moment so don't worry.
You still have a very good chance of an offer - hang on in there.

thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending