The Student Room Group

Coding - where do I start?

Hi! One of my long term visions is to use Artificial Intelligence in healthcare :smile:

I've always had an interest in coding and I'm looking to get more experience in learning a language that's versatile across different applications.

What would you recommend learning as a starting point? Are there any good online courses out there?

Thanks a bunch
Reply 1
Python seems to be where most people start to get their feet wet. Great thing about learning programming is that there are a ton of FREE resources online such as https://www.w3schools.com also you can pickup courses for around £10 on Udemy.
Reply 2
Original post by 6lack
Python seems to be where most people start to get their feet wet. Great thing about learning programming is that there are a ton of FREE resources online such as https://www.w3schools.com also you can pickup courses for around £10 on Udemy.

Great! I've come across a lot of different resources so wasn't too sure which ones would be best.

I'll take a look into those two
Hey! Have you heard of a book called automate the boring stuff? It’s available as a free pdf online and a really good starting point. There is also free code camp which is great and lots of tutorials which you can pick and choose from :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by neal95
Hey! Have you heard of a book called automate the boring stuff? It’s available as a free pdf online and a really good starting point. There is also free code camp which is great and lots of tutorials which you can pick and choose from :smile:

Thanks I've not come across this. Do you know of any online paid classes or courses as well I can get up to in the meantime too?

I struggle a bit with independent learning so having a class would be ideal
Original post by Maz A
Thanks I've not come across this. Do you know of any online paid classes or courses as well I can get up to in the meantime too?

I struggle a bit with independent learning so having a class would be ideal

im not sure about any classes, but i reckon you should be able to find some. try looking on youtube, as sometimes there are people who livestream on twitch and start bootcamps up which are free. either way there will definitely be stuff for beginners which you can use to aid you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest