Make a reasoned, analytic judgment

Watch
gjessica
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What is meant by "Make a reasoned, analytic judgment"?
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjessica)
What is meant by "Make a reasoned, analytic judgment"?
Reasoned means essentially you give a reason why you came to a particular judgement-essentially, you give a judgement then justify why you came to it.

Analytical means you probably have to analyse some stuff, like data or other people's arguments, in coming to that judgement.

As a basic example, lets say you were asked to make a judgement on whether "obese people are just lazy". You would come to a judgement, then justify why you came to it, analysing stuff from either side.. So you could bring up arguments made by doctors, researchers, journalists etc and see what they use to defend their positions.
gjessica
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
Reasoned means essentially you give a reason why you came to a particular judgement-essentially, you give a judgement then justify why you came to it.

Analytical means you probably have to analyse some stuff, like data or other people's arguments, in coming to that judgement.

As a basic example, lets say you were asked to make a judgement on whether "obese people are just lazy". You would come to a judgement, then justify why you came to it, analysing stuff from either side.. So you could bring up arguments made by doctors, researchers, journalists etc and see what they use to defend their positions.
Do I have to add evidence as to why I came up with that particular evidence? Also any tips on how to start?
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjessica)
Do I have to add evidence as to why I came up with that particular evidence? Also any tips on how to start?
Depends on the context-what thing you have to make a judgement about, how much space you have to write it etc. But generally yes I would try to provide any evidence.

I'd try to summarise some key points from both sides of your argument, then make clear which one you support and highlight why
gjessica
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
Depends on the context-what thing you have to make a judgement about, how much space you have to write it etc. But generally yes I would try to provide any evidence.

I'd try to summarise some key points from both sides of your argument, then make clear which one you support and highlight why
Okay, thank you so much!!
It says "Learners will make a reasoned, analytic judgment on top of strategies" and strategies refers to what the government has done to reduce deaths of covid like track and trace, lockdown, etc...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%