Molly.Neil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Okay so with everything currently going on I feel it would just be best to have a break from everything and take a gap year, especially as I do not want to go to six form or college but do an apprenticeship. Anyone have any advice because I dont know anymore??
Hellllpppp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don’t think it’s possible unless there are exceptional circumstances as you have to be in full time education until you’re 18. An apprenticeship does count as education though.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello. This is my advice to you. Spend your spare time learning French etc. Duo lingo is great as a supplementary aid and you can order some workbooks on Amazon. Investigate what your local library has in terms of book options. Also check out the book titles online and stop at your local bookshop in order to see exactly what is on offer too.
Download a few different Spotify podcasts in French as well. You can find a lot of useful active groups on Facebook for like minded souls of all abilities and ages in addition. Join a couple. Search on the app store for language apps. Make sure to read the app reviews carefully however.
Write down all the foreign words in a plain notebook and try to be really creative. Get skill practice in all four key skills as far as possible. Read magazine and newspaper articles in French for starters. Build up slowly over time. Ensure that you do a hour or so of proper skill practice everyday. In terms of getting more writing and reading skill practice stick mainly to formal articles and texts in that particular language.
Translate all sorts of questions in English into French in addition for some more skill practice in the areas of writing and reading. Find time for lively discussion practice additionally. Hone your skills in question. Listen to French music and so on. And tune into a French talk show on Youtube or on Facebook. Act out lines from classic French plays. Read. Memorise lines as far as possible.
Molly.Neil
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Hello. This is my advice to you. Spend your spare time learning French etc. Duo lingo is great as a supplementary aid and you can order some workbooks on Amazon. Investigate what your local library has in terms of book options. Also check out the book titles online and stop at your local bookshop in order to see exactly what is on offer too.
Download a few different Spotify podcasts in French as well. You can find a lot of useful active groups on Facebook for like minded souls of all abilities and ages in addition. Join a couple. Search on the app store for language apps. Make sure to read the app reviews carefully however.
Write down all the foreign words in a plain notebook and try to be really creative. Get skill practice in all four key skills as far as possible. Read magazine and newspaper articles in French for starters. Build up slowly over time. Ensure that you do a hour or so of proper skill practice everyday. In terms of getting more writing and reading skill practice stick mainly to formal articles and texts in that particular language.
Translate all sorts of questions in English into French in addition for some more skill practice in the areas of writing and reading. Find time for lively discussion practice additionally. Hone your skills in question. Listen to French music and so on. And tune into a French talk show on Youtube or on Facebook. Act out lines from classic French plays. Read. Memorise lines as far as possible.
Why?
Molly.Neil
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
I don’t think it’s possible unless there are exceptional circumstances as you have to be in full time education until you’re 18. An apprenticeship does count as education though.
Okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.1%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.88%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.75%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise