btl_meg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
When you are asked to write an essay on what experiences led you to select your professional objectives.
How do you go about it considering you are applying for an M.A program that you didn't pursue in your undergraduate degree.
krushems27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by btl_meg)
When you are asked to write an essay on what experiences led you to select your professional objectives.
How do you go about it considering you are applying for an M.A program that you didn't pursue in your undergraduate degree.
Hello Meg. Congrats on applying for your Masters. I am also applying for a Masters degree specifically Social Work. I am in my final year of my Sociology degree which is slightly different. The important thing is to ask yourself why did you apply e.g. for me, I was always interested in social justice and equality and link that back into your essay for example. I didn't take Social Work at undergrad but sociology is about social behaviour and looks into social change. Write about your passions, what is interesting to you in relation to your field of choice and look at the professional values of that degree/job prospects. Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.97%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.22%
Live streaming events (44)
9.21%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.62%
A uni comparison tool (108)
22.59%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.38%