MiaEva
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi,

I’ve just been given a place at my uni of choice for September, however, I have just looked at Student Finance and saw that as I’m 21 I would need to put my parents income down. I have been living with my partner for 3 years (renting) and I have had a full time job since I was 18 earning £16000 a year. So I’m very self sufficient. I have a good relationship with my parents but they’re not in a position to help me with my finances. Is there anyway I can be an independent student?
Last edited by MiaEva; 4 days ago
Kat.02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you aren't living with your parents then I'm sure you wouldn't have to put their income in and just you and your partner's it would be best to check
Stephb1502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
If you’re under 25 it’s usually based on parents income unless you can provide evidence of you having your own income for 3 years prior to starting the course. It will ask you on the application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (257)
51.81%
No (239)
48.19%

Watched Threads