Parent refuses to disclose income for student finance application 2021

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sanct1fy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi, i know i’m 3 years late to this question but i’m in the midst of the same situation. would it be risky to give the information myself? i can get the household income myself but if i were to create a parent account myself and put my fathers household income in, how could they find out? what could happen?
khxdija2311
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by sanct1fy)
hi, i know i’m 3 years late to this question but i’m in the midst of the same situation. would it be risky to give the information myself? i can get the household income myself but if i were to create a parent account myself and put my fathers household income in, how could they find out? what could happen?
im literally in the same situation and have no clue what imma do.. ive been trying to find out what the minimum maintenance loan amount is but it doesnt say anywhere.
sanct1fy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by khxdija2311)
im literally in the same situation and have no clue what imma do.. ive been trying to find out what the minimum maintenance loan amount is but it doesnt say anywhere.
if you can't get your parents to fill in their annual income details, you have to apply without them and you get the minimum, which depends on where ur living/studying; I'm presuming you're living away from home, so away from home in London is £5k to £6k, and outside of London away from home is around £4-£4.5K (i think). That is no way near enough to pay for all your expenses at all, and barely scrapes (if at all) paying for rent alone. If I were you, perhaps you could use your CTF (child trust fund) as some form of funding towards paying for university expenses and also finding a good paying part-time job to earn some money on the side. you would need some extreme budgeting plans (and stick to them or else you would be screwed) if you are genuinely passionate about going to this uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (138)
50.74%
No (134)
49.26%

Watched Threads