The Student Room Group

GCSE Religious Studies

Is GCSE R.S considered hard, I am in Year 9 and have picked it as my GCSE, do I have to do anything now that will get me a high grade
You need to be revising the quotes relevant for the exam
When I did it that was one of the most important things as you need proof for your answers from religious books like the bible or Quran etc
I’d say get the revision guides and workbook for the exam board of re you’re doing and just start working through thar
Hi I’m doing it currently I’m in year 10 and it’s my favourite subject I used to find it boring but I starting getting really into the subject and even thought I don’t know my key words word for word I know what they mainly are just from cooperating in lesson and in my last exam I got an 8+ I got 25/30 and it was the highest in the class and I was shocked. I don’t think it’s that hard it just needs like you to be able to listen and understand and should be easy my teacher is probably another reason why I love the subject he’s hilarious and teaches really well it can help with many careers as well even with law which I wanted to do and was shocked when I heard. I don’t have any revision guides at the moment I might buy some but if you listen and cooperate it helps a lot in any lesson overall.
The best thing my teacher says is to know all your key words as that will help you for everything and know some quotes for each topic like marriage, divorce and more.
Reply 4
Original post by Hailey629
Hi I’m doing it currently I’m in year 10 and it’s my favourite subject I used to find it boring but I starting getting really into the subject and even thought I don’t know my key words word for word I know what they mainly are just from cooperating in lesson and in my last exam I got an 8+ I got 25/30 and it was the highest in the class and I was shocked. I don’t think it’s that hard it just needs like you to be able to listen and understand and should be easy my teacher is probably another reason why I love the subject he’s hilarious and teaches really well it can help with many careers as well even with law which I wanted to do and was shocked when I heard. I don’t have any revision guides at the moment I might buy some but if you listen and cooperate it helps a lot in any lesson overall.

Do I need to do anything in Year 9, I have got the Edecel Religious study book about Christianity , When I have my exam I just look at that, do you think you need to do anything in Year 9 to get a grade 8 or 9
I do the aqa specification but in my opinion just know the key word definitions that you get taught in lesson for example mine right now are like chasitiy, reconciliation, rite of passage as long as your familiar or know them and then listening and contributing in class makes a big change I realised that this year as I’m fully listening in ever class and contributing. Do you know what grade your at right now? In my opinion a 8-9 in year 9 would be great but don’t stress yourself out I get my 7-8-9 all this year only and as you understand the topic and get into it more in year 10 but if your aiming 8-9 now then just get familiar with the topics know quotes for each religions like Christianity and Islam. Possibly use other things to back up your answer so quotes and if you don’t know the quote fully my teacher usually says don’t use it as it could sabotage your answer if it’s the wrong quote or not a quote at all but best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest