sully17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any advice: I'm a second year looking to transfer to a different uni (to redo second year) in September, and am a bit confused over what I should do.

Staying at my current uni for the rest of the year seems pointless (only need to pass first year to be accepted for transfer, so paying for the final terms would be a waste) however I'm not sure how I'll be able to afford rent on my current uni house if my maintenance loan gets taken away if/when I drop out or defer until September at the new Uni. Is this what will happen? I'm guessing since I wouldn't be a student for a few months I wouldn't be entitled to it?

I haven't stayed in the house for months for obvious reasons but because its privately rented its not a contract I can easily get out of - and nobody is really looking for places to stay right now either, so I don't know what to do. Staying enrolled at my current uni would mean an extra 2k debt for a term that I don't need to pass, but withdrawing would mean I can't afford to pay rent. It's a bit of a unique situation so I'm struggling to find answers anywhere online.

Any advice?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don’t think you can ‘drop out’ if you’re intending to transfer
It’s probably easier just to stay for the rest of the year and finish the term
Stephb1502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yeah if you drop out your hep will send a coc to say you’ve withdrawn meaning you’ll have to reapply as a new student providing ID etc again
sully17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 30 minutes ago
(Original post by Stephb1502)
Yeah if you drop out your hep will send a coc to say you’ve withdrawn meaning you’ll have to reapply as a new student providing ID etc again
Thank you, for financial reasons I think I'll have to finish the year anyways, but if it makes admin easier then that's worth it as well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (281)
51.85%
No (261)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed