Which graduate degree should I pick for the best prospect

Watch
yesayas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi guys, so I'm currently studying BSc Biochemistry, and I'm planning to do my postgrad straight after graduation. I'm interested in all of these fields, but I'm looking for the degree which will give me the best career prospect upon graduation as an international student, so here's my shortlist:

1. MSc Biopharmaceutical Development - University of Leeds
2. MSc Chemical Biology and Drug Design - University of Leeds
3. MSc Food Science (Food Biotechnology) - University of Leeds
4. MSc Food Science and Nutrition - University of Leeds
5. MSc Food Technology (Quality Assurance) - University of Reading
6. MSc Food Science - University of Reading

I'd also lean more towards industry over research (I believe there's more prospect in industry over academia - research). I'm also open to other suggestions which might be a good choice for me.

Thank you!
babyseal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by yesayas)
Hi guys, so I'm currently studying BSc Biochemistry, and I'm planning to do my postgrad straight after graduation. I'm interested in all of these fields, but I'm looking for the degree which will give me the best career prospect upon graduation as an international student, so here's my shortlist:

I'd also lean more towards industry over research (I believe there's more prospect in industry over academia - research). I'm also open to other suggestions which might be a good choice for me.

Thank you!
it would depend on what you want to do and what appeals the most to you. i suggest you do a bit of research but the first two seem to be the better options and have more scope for in the future

UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by yesayas)

Thank you!
Hey yesayas,

It can be really hard to choose what subject you would like to study. You can still sign up for the masters virtual open day microsite which will show you recordings of live presentations that occurred during the day. In addition to this, you can sign up for postgraduate events and see what life at Reading Uni is like.

Hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any questions or there is anything we can help with!
From,

Amina😊
yesayas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by babyseal)
it would depend on what you want to do and what appeals the most to you. i suggest you do a bit of research but the first two seem to be the better options and have more scope for in the future

Honestly I’m more interested in studying something related to food, but there’s not much information out there regarding the employability
yeetouttawindow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think you should firstly look for careers then work backwards to see if you need a MSc for it and which one. As well as applicants vs jobs i.e. might end up paying extortionate fees for a chance you might get a job which has hundreds of applicants with same degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (430)
51.62%
No (403)
48.38%

Watched Threads