The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Interview for mature students

I have an interview at Winchester Uni next week as part of the application process. Has anyone any idea what type of questions they may ask? Grateful for any advice - thanks J

Scroll to see replies

I also have one on the 9th March and im a mature student. What will you be studying?
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by Flynnser19
I also have one on the 9th March and im a mature student. What will you be studying?

Hi dude. I’m 46 and retraining in physiotherapy at Winchester (hope)! And you..?
Original post by JohnRebholz
Hi dude. I’m 46 and retraining in physiotherapy at Winchester (hope)! And you..?

Hey im 33 and currently studying a degree in Physiotherapy in the netherlands but its not the degree i had hoped for so hoping to get Winchester so i can get stuck in properly and actually get some placement too!!
Reply 4
Hey im 33 and currently studying a degree in Physiotherapy in the netherlands but its not the degree i had hoped for so hoping to get Winchester so i can get stuck in properly and actually get some placement too!!

The Netherlands, wow! Is it easy to switch to study in a different country, especially with Brexit & COVID19 occurring in near enough same year!
Well im from ireland like so should be fine lol im not dutch i just took a place over here because it was alot cheaper and they have no entry requirements either so as a mature student it seems quite good but the standard of education for this particular type of course isnt up to scratch.
Reply 6
Totally understand. Good choice! I wish us luck, lol. Hope to see you there come September. Will you let me know how you get on? Keep in touch if you can. Wish you all the luck of the Irish
Good luck buddy
Totally understand. Good choice! I wish us luck, lol. Hope to see you there come September. Will you let me know how you get on? Keep in touch if you can. Wish you all the luck of the Irish

Yes of course and same to you if youve any tips after the interview for me let me know!! wishing you all the best!!
Reply 9
Original post by SomeGuy_477
Good luck buddy

Thank you
Just finished my 1pm interview! Phew... if you need a heads up on some questions I got asked just say - of course may not be identical for you but may give you some ideas.. or areas to research! My fingers are crossed.. good luck all!
Just finished my 1pm interview! Phew... if you need a heads up on some questions I got asked just say - of course may not be identical for you but may give you some ideas.. or areas to research! My fingers are crossed.. good luck all!

Hey john yea if you wanna send me a PM that would be fab? i hope it went well!!

Hey, I have an interview at the University of Durham and I haven't got a clue what kind of questions they may ask me. is there a chance you tell me how was an interview going and what kind of questions the y asked you?

Will do
Original post by Nick889
Hey, I have an interview at the University of Durham and I haven't got a clue what kind of questions they may ask me. is there a chance you tell me how was an interview going and what kind of questions the y asked you?

Sure. Though it’d likely vary greatly between Uni’s and even faculties. To give a rough guidance - how I was suited to the course I chose to study (attributes), how the sector would deal with COVID short term and longer term, any particular moments I’ve been proud of my achievements, how I overcame adversity, a generic question on where I see myself in 5 years and a situational question around a particular scenario and how I’d approach it... anyways.. hope that gives some food for thought! Tip: just be yourself, they genuinely want your character to shine through!

How can I PM you, sorry I’m not fully engaged with the workings of this app - fairly new to me. Can you help? What do I need to do...cheers
How can I PM you, sorry I’m not fully engaged with the workings of this app - fairly new to me. Can you help? What do I need to do...cheers

Hi john ive sent you one if you go to your profile, you can click on your name and you should see messages. I see above what was asked but if you think of anything youd rather not say publicly then feel free to add to it. Ill be keeping everything crossed for you i think it said youll know 5 days afterwards too so fingers crossed!
Hi john ive sent you one if you go to your profile, you can click on your name and you should see messages. I see above what was asked but if you think of anything youd rather not say publicly then feel free to add to it. Ill be keeping everything crossed for you i think it said youll know 5 days afterwards too so fingers crossed!

Hi sorry for delayed reply. I’ll PM tomorrow
Hi sorry for delayed reply. I’ll PM tomorrow

No problem at all!! youre very good!
For some reason I’m not able to PM. Something to do with not having been on here long enough. So, what else I know besides what’s already been said - a question on how the ageing population will impact on service delivery of physiotherapy, and a discussion on my experiences with physiotherapy and finally what in my mind is ‘physiotherapy’ - discuss... hope this helps? Don’t forget to do your homework on the Uni and it’s faculty with some prepared questions- they love questions, gives the interviewer a chance to open up and talk and for you to look keen! When’s your interview dude?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending