teganisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi. I have 96 UCAS points, the courses I want to apply for typically want 112-120 points so I have been looking at foundation courses as a gateway. Some of the foundation courses I have seen have entry requirements that are lower than 96, for example: 40-56. Does this mean I can't get onto those courses either?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by teganisonfire)
Hi. I have 96 UCAS points, the courses I want to apply for typically want 112-120 points so I have been looking at foundation courses as a gateway. Some of the foundation courses I have seen have entry requirements that are lower than 96, for example: 40-56. Does this mean I can't get onto those courses either?
If your grades exceed the requirements providing you have relevant subjects, meet the GCSE requirements you should be fine admission wise.

You may even be able to get onto the course with slightly higher requirements if they have flexibility on results day.
teganisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by mnot)
If your grades exceed the requirements providing you have relevant subjects, meet the GCSE requirements you should be fine admission wise.

You may even be able to get onto the course with slightly higher requirements if they have flexibility on results day.
Thanks for your help!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You are not guaranteed an offer for any course you apply for, even of you meet/exceed the entry requirements.
And remember, doing a Foundation course means an extra year of debt, and it is a Year 0 that only qualifies you for progression to Year 1 of the degree at that University, it is not a separate 'qualification' that you can use elsewhere.

And read this - full of useful advice on what your UCAS choices should be - How to Avoid 5 Rejections :https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (395)
32.35%
No (826)
67.65%

Watched Threads