kiraaaaaxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Soo i need to tell you something but please someone help thanks ..........i am in year 11 and i am 16 years old and in school i want to go to sixth form but all my target grades are all 3s and i have not passed any mocks in nov/dec .i try my best now and in every single thing i do for my gcses ,,,,i want to go to sixth form but i am scared i wont get the grades for my gcses 2021......

please someone help as i really want to study at university but i am not sure what to do ...is it too late to try my best now or no......i literally cry because i think that my life is ruined and i dont know what to do with my life.I don't know what job to have when i am older as I am clueless and don't know what career to purse .also i want to study sociology , health and social care and law or bussiness at alevel but they all require all 5s at gcse soo i dont know what to do

how could i revise now for my gcse 2021 english literature

and i do foundation maths and i dont know how to pass it at this time as our gcses are cancelled someone help pleaseeee thanks
Last edited by kiraaaaaxo; 6 days ago
kiraaaaaxo
Rep:
?
anyoune??
maddis0nw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Does your school you attend now have a sixth form, because I have a friend who failed maths, english and quite a few other subjecs but my school let her go to our sixth form anyways (I think largely due to covid so you could argue covid did not help your grades), she just has to retake them both and she even failed maths again but is still in sixth form. I also was doing A-Level biology and changed to A-Level RS even though the requirements for RS would be to have passed GCSE RS which I had not even taken. I think if your school offers a sixth form and you speak to them about it you should be ok. You can always retake maths and english and hopefully talk to your teachers and maybe ask them if they could help you or provide you with any information/help to boost your grades. I'd assume with covid they will be more generous with grading also 100% email/talk to your teachers because it will show them that you really care and that you are willing to do anything (within reason) to make sure you pass. It's not too late good luck !!
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
How did you end up with 3's as your targets??
theoneyoulove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i mean its a bit late (not trying to be harsh) .... mocks are normally in march so youve got like 1 week i guess to 'prove yourself'

how are your target grades all 3's ? what about class tests? have you improved in them?
kiraaaaaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by maddis0nw)
Does your school you attend now have a sixth form, because I have a friend who failed maths, english and quite a few other subjecs but my school let her go to our sixth form anyways (I think largely due to covid so you could argue covid did not help your grades), she just has to retake them both and she even failed maths again but is still in sixth form. I also was doing A-Level biology and changed to A-Level RS even though the requirements for RS would be to have passed GCSE RS which I had not even taken. I think if your school offers a sixth form and you speak to them about it you should be ok. You can always retake maths and english and hopefully talk to your teachers and maybe ask them if they could help you or provide you with any information/help to boost your grades. I'd assume with covid they will be more generous with grading also 100% email/talk to your teachers because it will show them that you really care and that you are willing to do anything (within reason) to make sure you pass. It's not too late good luck !!
oh ok thanks for this ill try and yh my current school has a sixth form. Yh sure i will but i am not entirely sure if they would let me go in the sixth form as they want me to have the right entry criteria for sixth form but i will try thanks. thanks for this though ...but i am going to put my fullest in everything i do for my gcses x is it too late to improve and get high grades in mocks?

(Original post by V℮rsions)
How did you end up with 3's as your targets??
oh i really did not try at ks2 so i got target grades for my school years as 3s as this was from my sats in year 6 sooo..

(Original post by theoneyoulove)
i mean its a bit late (not trying to be harsh) .... mocks are normally in march so youve got like 1 week i guess to 'prove yourself'

how are your target grades all 3's ? what about class tests? have you improved in them?
oh target grades are my sats test results really and urmm i have improved a little on my class tests but i wanna try my best and get higher to show my teachers i could do better really
maddis0nw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)
oh ok thanks for this ill try and yh my current school has a sixth form. Yh sure i will but i am not entirely sure if they would let me go in the sixth form as they want me to have the right entry criteria for sixth form but i will try thanks. thanks for this though ...but i am going to put my fullest in everything i do for my gcses x is it too late to improve and get high grades in mocks?
I think with covid pretty much everywhere will lower their grade requirements for sixth form. Are you in school right now or online learning because if you are doing online I would argue you're at an advantage. If you have assignments online then do those to the best of your abilities and do them all. If not maybe email your teachers asking for work that you could complete to show your abilities. And obviously revision will be helpful if your doing mocks, but are schools doing mocks with covid or are they online?
Overall I would just really recommend contacting your teachers instead of letting everything build up. My sisters in a similar position as you and my dad's gf and her went through and emailed every teacher explaining the situation and it's really helped her. Good luck !!
kiraaaaaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by maddis0nw)
I think with covid pretty much everywhere will lower their grade requirements for sixth form. Are you in school right now or online learning because if you are doing online I would argue you're at an advantage. If you have assignments online then do those to the best of your abilities and do them all. If not maybe email your teachers asking for work that you could complete to show your abilities. And obviously revision will be helpful if your doing mocks, but are schools doing mocks with covid or are they online?
Overall I would just really recommend contacting your teachers instead of letting everything build up. My sisters in a similar position as you and my dad's gf and her went through and emailed every teacher explaining the situation and it's really helped her. Good luck !!
ooh ok i never knew that but thanks for telling me though......im like doing online work soo i could concentrate yh ok ....
kiraaaaaxo
Rep:
?
/...............
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads