ellen221822
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Has anyone applied to University of Manchester to study midwifery and not heard anything back at all not even an invite for interview or a rejection?
sweetpea34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how was it applying im looking to go as im relocating soon to live up there and im looking at that uni ..i hope you hear soon
WhoopsItsHannah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellen221822)
Has anyone applied to University of Manchester to study midwifery and not heard anything back at all not even an invite for interview or a rejection?
Hi!
I applied and was offered an interview. At the end of my interview I was told it would be a few days, and on their official info they say they try to get back within a week of interviews. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard back yet, though. I think it's a very busy time of year for universities, and of course the covid situation has just made everything 10x more difficult! It's rough, but try to be patient. They have until the 20th of May so I wouldn't worry just yet!
ellen221822
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, thank you so much for your reply and well done on getting an interview! I have had completely no response from them not even an invite for interview and I’ve seen a few people on here have already had interviews, I’m not sure what to think like am I waiting on a rejection or have they just not looked at my application yet
WhoopsItsHannah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellen221822)
Hi, thank you so much for your reply and well done on getting an interview! I have had completely no response from them not even an invite for interview and I’ve seen a few people on here have already had interviews, I’m not sure what to think like am I waiting on a rejection or have they just not looked at my application yet
Honestly try not to worry! Waiting for responses has been the worst part of uni applications so far - worse than I imagined!

I've read that there's been a higher number of applications than normal, as well as more people choosing to defer than normal. It's caused a big backlog of admin for the unis unfortunately. I think that it's just a case of them having a lot to wade through, and they'll get to your application eventually! My mum said the most reassuring thing to me today - "If your application was that bad, they would have known to reject it immediately. At the very least, you've given them something to consider!"

It was almost a whole month after my application before I got my interview invite, then the interview itself was a month after that, then of course waiting for the decision after the fact. I'm in the same boat as you with King's College London so I know how it feels to be waiting for a word... something... ANYTHING!
sweetpea34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhoopsItsHannah)
Hi!
I applied and was offered an interview. At the end of my interview I was told it would be a few days, and on their official info they say they try to get back within a week of interviews. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard back yet, though. I think it's a very busy time of year for universities, and of course the covid situation has just made everything 10x more difficult! It's rough, but try to be patient. They have until the 20th of May so I wouldn't worry just yet!
hiya are you doing the access to midwifery ? im looking at manchester what qualifications are you already going in with im trying to get my head arounf it
ellen221822
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by sweetpea34)
hiya are you doing the access to midwifery ? im looking at manchester what qualifications are you already going in with im trying to get my head arounf it
Hi! I’m on a gap year at the moment but I finished school last year and am applying with ALevels although from what I’ve read on here it’s really competitive
WhoopsItsHannah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sweetpea34)
Hi there!

I am doing Access to Midwifery right now.

I did my GCSEs in 2015 (yikes), and got the standard 'C-grade or above' in Maths, English, and Sciences. I have 11 GCSEs. For further education, I didn't do A Levels, but I have a BTEC diploma, and a BTEC Extended Diploma, both in unrelated subjects.

I actually got a response and I have a conditional offer (yay!), and my conditions are to pass my Access course with 60 credits, 45 at Level 3, 39 grade Distinction, 6 grade Merit. Access courses are 60 credits so that's just 'pass the course'. My course has 15 ungraded credits that I can either pass or fail, and 45 level 3 credits that can be graded pass, merit, or distinction.

I hope that helps - I'm not sure if my wording is confusing or not because I'm used to the Access format now, but I know it made NO sense when I first started haha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%