adekunletosin1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Choose an artefact linked to the subject which you wish to teach and prepare a 3 minute spoken presentation explaining how you might use this artefact with secondary aged pupils in one of your lessons.

Need some examples for this
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi adekunletosin1

Once I watched a fabulous interview for someone wanting to teach Secondary History they had this task. They brought in a shield however it was misshapen and hard to identify. I had no idea what it was at first! It's not really about the object but the person I was interviewing captivated my interest. I wanted to know what it was! I then started to really study the object and focus as students would and of course I asked questions. My point is make it simple like this person did, create interest and fun! So that the people interviewing understand and can see your passion for your subject. Let them touch if possible and feel the object if its virtual do it yourself and describe to them how it would feel etc.

It wasn't until the end of the session that we got told actually what the object was, which again created an excellent ending. If you need further help and support if you don't already have an Get Into Teaching adviser, we'd be able to plan and prepare for this interview specifically. Call 0800 389 2500 (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm) and ask for one asap!

Hope this helps
Olivia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (351)
31.54%
No (762)
68.46%

Watched Threads